Changing default template path

Is it possible to change the default path where user-created templates are saved?

I see it’s possible to change the backup and scratch folders, but there’s nothing in Options for templates.

Thank you!

No, the path for this can’t be customised. Note though that you can import and export templates directly from the New Project window (from the Options menu) if you’re just trying for an easier way to access your saved templates to share with another user or copy to another computer.

Is there a reason why you cannot change the default template path? If you are using DropBox to keep all of your projects in sync, it makes it pretty difficult when your project templates are scattered over several different machines!

Thanks,

I’ve been using Scrivener for a couple of years, but never thought about where templates are stored until today.

I prefer to do my writing on my desktop (tower) computer because I have two large monitors and a nice, comfy chair. (Go ahead, say it. You know you want to: "Oh, no, not the comfy chair…)

However, when I travel, I take my laptop. I keep my projects on Dropbox, but since I rarely created new files while I was away on a short trip, I never really ran into a problem. However, I’m starting to make specialized templates more often these days.

If I could change the default path to a location on Dropbox, it would solve my problems: no matter which machine I was using, I’d have access to the same templates. Since that’s not possible, what’s the best way to make sure I’m using the same template across machines?

I think I found my answer here:

scrivener.tenderapp.com/help/kb/ … -computers

On my desktop (home) computer, the templates are here:

C:\Users[i][/i]\AppData\Local\Scrivener\Scrivener\ProjectTemplates

So, before I go on a trip, I just need to copy that folder to my laptop.