Linux 1.9.01 Beta Released

Thank you for the upgraded Linux version (to run under Ubuntu on a rather old HP laptop.)
I also purchased a Windows version (to run under WINE, and in appreciation.)

I don’t know if anyone from Literature and Latte reads this forum, but thank you for the new version for Linux. I do have the windows version, but use a Chromebook mostly. I can install Linux on the Chromebook, so I can use the Linux version. I saw that my Windows versions wanted to update, but I put it off for a while because I didn’t think Linux would be updated.

I am glad I saw that it has been! Thank you so much!!

Hi,

I try hard to install french dictionaries but I can’t.
Any help very welcome in this thread maybe :slight_smile:

My very best

Thank you Literature and Latte, I paid for Mac version, and just moved to Linux, and I was super happy to find this - and have it installed and running quickly!

Is there any way to convince you to continue supporting the Linux ecosystem? I’d happily buy another copy, just to encourage support!

I use both Mac and Linux, and paid for Scrivener Mac version.

This year I’m fed up with Apple’s decaying software quality and planning migrate all my work to Linux. So I’m very excited to find this.

Thank you Literature and Latte. Please, please keep this alive. I’m happy to buy another copy to support the project, and I’m myself a developer, if anything I can help, please let me know.

EDIT

I’m using Gentoo Linux distro and the tar.gz, manual install needed gstreamer plugins and libpng12 did the trick to run Scrivener.

Hi
I used Scrivener for Windows but since 2 years I use it for Linux, by choice.
But now I just bought and tried Scrivener for Ios, syncing it with my Dropbox account.
Trouble: Scrivener Ios sees the files of Scrivener Linux, but in Linux, it only sees its own files!
Do you know what to do? I am lost!
Thanks a lot!
Best regards
Cyril Sauvenay

Please read this thread: Yet another dropbox sync problem - #4 by kewms

Hi
Thanks a lot, I understand the point.
Can you help? I tried something to go further: opening my Ios file in the Win version, sync it (everything’s all right) AND AFTER open it in the Linux version. But I have a message telling me that the file is already open in another computer ( which is false, Scrivener is closed in the Ipad and in my windows computer).
Any suggestion?
Thank again!
Best regards
Cyril Sauvenay

Sorry, Cyrus. I have no suggestions. I managed to remember the iOS/Linux syncing incompatibility from when I’d previously looked into Linux Scrivener. I’ve not kept up with it since. Do some searching in the “Scrivener on Linux” forum. Then if you come up empty, you’d have a better chance of getting a strategy response from an iOS/Linux/Windows veteran by posting a “New Topic” there (viewforum.php?f=33) rather than in this release thread.

Be descriptive as to how you’re transferring the file from Windows to Linux, etc… If I find out anything that I think will help, I’ll post it there. Good luck.

OK, I’ll do that.
Thanks a lot!

Well, I found the way. The only issue was that I didn’t close the app in Ios!
When I close Scrivener for Ios, I can open it in Linux. Seems to be fine.
Well… Obliged to open it before in Windows, but… it’s not so bad!

Thank you again!

Cyril

My donation was that I went and bought the Windows version, even though I wasn’t using it. Later, I broke down and bought a Windows machine, so now I sync files and it works great. Thanks so much for remembering us.

Has anyone here tried out Bibilio? Looks like it runs on Linux, Windows and Mac, although it’s missing an iOS or Android version.

With Linux support being stopped a few years ago now, has anyone considered writing an open source clone?

Much appreciated

Did you mean bibisco?

Thanks for the Linux version.

I used the Windows version a long time but after the last update for Win 10 two machines went havoc. So I didn’t want to reinstall Win 10 and switched again to Linux. On a slow laptop (32 bit) I managed to install Scrivener after some searching for missing libraries for Debian 9 I found them in Jessie. I decided to do it right and wiped also a 64 bit system and replaced Win with Linux I got it working within 10 minutes on the amd64

Thanks for your efforts for I am happy again.

Hajo

Dear all,

Since I use Fedora 27, i can’t open/run any Scrivener Projects.

gstreamer-0.10.36-18.fc27.x86_64
gstreamer-plugins-good-0.10.31-20.fc27.x86_64

are installed but nothing happens…

Any help ?
Thank you !

Do you have libpng12? You don’t need the full version, and you can compile it yourself. Once compiled, copy the libpng12.* files to Scrivener/lib/ Modern implementations of libpng aren’t compatible with the one Scrivener needs. (And it wasn’t statically compiled in, since it was one of those everyone had.)

Oh, so THANK YOU !

I didn’t have libpng12 installed.
Right now, it runs !

So thank you !

My very very best

No problem! :slight_smile: