NiaD Episode VI: Return of the NiaD

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

I’ve managed to ruin two people’s day without even trying! That how you know I’m more evil the Vic-k’s alter ego.

Just to say thank-you to Rog for another splendid evening’s entertainment. Or late-evening’s entertainment; I was away unexpectedly and didn’t get the stuff until about 6pm & didn’t start writing until checks Get Info box nearly 11pm. Which is why it is very scratchy and rough; unforgivably so, even for a bit of recreational work. A bit like turning up for a bike ride with a flat tyre, a dog on a chain, no food & wearing only sateen underpants and a sou’wester. Bad manners. Apologies. But… it was fun, and the Marleys are a genius notion. Now I want the WHOLE THING for myself. Thanks again, Piggy, old pig.

How interesting to browse what others did with the same brief! I wrote Chapter 6 and there must have been a muse influencing us - was it Charles Dickens himself!? - I included a sick child called Little Timmy and gave Lucas a girlfriend named Penny, so how curious that ConradG also used Tim who was Tiny, and a girlfriend called Penne.

I would like to say thanks and yay! to all my fellow writers in Red. I’m still reading all the novels but have started by reading all the Chapter 6’s.

I’ve enjoyed participating in this. It was the first time I’ve done this - I only heard about it via a Scrivener group on Facebook but don’t know whether anyone else from the group joined.

I was extremely scared yesterday and thought I couldn’t do it, especially as I was working for part of the day. But it was such fun and has inspired me to try and finish writing my novels. Obviously, the secret is to have a plot and to know where it’s going. :smiley:

Sincere thanks to Pigfender without whom none of this would have been possible!

I just want to jump in and add my felicitations to Mr. Pigfender, who is, without doubt, utterly AWESOME!

I should apologise, too, for any wayward punctuation I might have introduced into Orange. That aside, it was the bestest day I’ve spent since the last one. W00T! :smiley:

Ahahahaha!

Hey all… I just wanted to let you know that I have now uploaded the new forum award badge thingys!

The badge files have been uploaded to pigfender.com/NiaD_Badge/
You’ll need to add the filename to the end of that address to see the image.

The files have been named according to the number of NiaDs you’ve taken part in. So if you took part in NiaDs 1, 2, 3, and 4 then the file name is 1-2-3-4.png (with a full path of pigfender.com/NiaD_Badge/1-2-3-4.png)

Similarly, if you took part in NiaDs 2 and 3, the file name would be 2-3.png (with a full path of pigfender.com/NiaD_Badge/1-2-3-4.png)

I’ve not made badges for every possible combination, only for the sequences that people have actually taken part in. If you think I’ve gotten this wrong, let me know. :slight_smile:

To save you a few precious keystrokes, you can just paste the following text into your forum signature, adjusting, of course, the “1-2-3-4.png” part to get the correct PNG file representing the years you’ve taken part:

[url=http://novelinaday.com][img]www.pigfender.com/NiaD_Badge/1-2-3-4.png[/img][/url]

Note, I’ve listened to the popular vote on this (one person expressed an opinion, and I followed it), and so the Novella-in-a-Day that we’ve just finished counts as NiaD 6. So if you’ve taken part in every sing NiaD, your badge code would be: pigfender.com/NiaD_Badge/1-2-3-4-5-6.png

Hey piggy, while this is NiaD 6, the year is 2017… Can we at least get an * for that? :slight_smile:

Nope! We just did the 2016 one really really late! :smiley:
For the 2017 one you need to take part in October!

An *. Just an *. Right after the 6. Not that hard.

Give Tom Hanks something to do!

Hi,

So are you saying that the 17th June 2017 was actually in 2016? :laughing:

Oh, well, I’m just pleased that I managed to work out how to post the Write A Novella In A Day badge on my signature.

Technically, I think I’m saying that a little bit of 2016 happened on 17th June 2017! :slight_smile:

Just hand draw it on your screen with a Sharpie*

I do not get this reference. Does it have to do with mermaids? Or getting attacked on a ship? Or is it something about being stuck in an airport?

*- don’t hand draw it on your screen, Sharpie or otherwise.

Yeah, use a stencil or a stamp – you don’t want it lopsided!

The main problem isn’t lopsidedness, but what happens with scrolling the window.

I think, instead, Jaysen should make the asterisk on a piece of fairly stiff transparent film. Cut the film so that the asterisk is at one end of a long narrow piece, and rest the other end on your laptop’s trackpad.

Then, when you scroll the window make sure that your scrolling finger makes contact with the film and the trackpad. This should ensure that the asterisk and the cup in the window scroll together.

NiaD Tech Support — IT Support every bit as good and smoothly continuous as the novels.

Who did that movie about baseball records? Can’t find it on IMDB… and I don’t care that much about baseball so I can’t remember the number. I think it was 78* which is what is actually in the record block to suggest the record is skewed due to some alteration of facts (drugs or number of games played or some such).

I sure thought that was Hanks … I’m too young to be this forgetful.

First things first. I think we must insist that Jaysen put an asterisk on his forum avatar to indicate some alteration of the user’s headpiece, and, of course, that the user in question may be skewed due to drugs, hard dock impact or some such. The forum transforms most of vic-k’s posts into simple strings of asterisks, so that one is already covered.

gr

Good enough?

Dear Jaysen,

Oh my, what a pain in the asterisk t’would be for your avatar to go all dingbat on us now. Why, I wouldn’t know who I was talking to from one moment to the next.

–gr

Dear Jaysen*,

Who are you and what have you done with Cap’n Jaysen?!

–gr

I was looking at my headlessness and said “that’s an olllld photo, I don’t look like that no more!”. Let’s say the current headlessness is more of a place holder.

Wo’ve I done?!! :open_mouth:

pffffrrrrttttt!!!