NiaD Episode VI: Return of the NiaD

Jaysen, you are positively concise compared to me. :slight_smile:

I would never aspire to your level of greatness oh wise one.

In my defense, I did leave three mini archs sitting on the floor. The entrance and returns are there. All done with my cast of extras. I could have milled another 4 or 5 chapters out of it.

I’m pretty satisfied with what I sent in but man, some of you have made me second guess everything. I only did about 1700 words and didn’t really do research. I’d say it was because my prompt meant I didn’t really need it but… What if it’s just because I’m a lazy writer? cue existential writer crisis

Been there, done that… all day. :wink:

You aren’t lazy… my research was emailing other folks (and Piggy) hey, what’s the British equivalent of …

When you read my chapter you notice a complete avoidance of

• location names
  • descriptions of things
  • language idioms not critical to context.

Y’all only get a few hours. Unless you live or frequently visit a scene, it will be hard to get it right. I take the cowards way out, but I’ll stand by my method until Piggy kicks me out.

Finished and emailed my submission.
I want to thank you again for letting me participate even though I missed the sing up deadline.

I wonder if you got the same chapter as me? :slight_smile: It’ll be interesting to compare, tomorrow.

Crap, I forgot to check for words that Britons spell differently. Well, colour me stupid. How dishonourable of me. Not a smart practise.

I’m still going!!!

Every body knows Marley’s stuff! youtube.com/watch?v=L3HQMbQAWRc

Seriously though, hope everyone has had a great time! :wink:
Vic

Don’t worry - I fixed it.

Finished!

Just passing it by the in-house editorial department…

I’ve just sent mine. 4,500+ words - I really can’t do concise or pithy, I’m afraid. Let me know if you don’t get it, pigfender. And thanks for the fun again!

Hi,

I sent my chapter in at 19.31 precisely.

Am happy to have written The End on something. :smiley:
Thanks for the experience!

Piggy. Where’s my book?

Something’s cooking …

Now I’m going to go back and read the posts from the past day. That should be fun and informative.

I was too late to enter but glad to discover that I was ready to give something like this a try.

Okay, mine is in, Just an hour late.

So mine went in this afternoon I did it sitting outside our tent in Luxembourg never used scrivener on iPad before so I apologise now but family called our son is doing ironman tomorrow but I just did not want to not do it and managed to use phone paired to iPad to send :smiley:
Good luck all and thank you rog for all your hard work so far and to come still

Still working on mine. I know I’m past the deadline.

I just sent it in.
Apologies for the appallingly beastly tardiness.