Hello

Great, now I’m sure she thinks she’s entered crazy-town. Feels like the US elections…

[size=150]Yossi, if y’re reading this, close you eyes NOW!!!
T’night, I’shall be curling up with Olivia Watts, Paige’s main protagonist/heroine in:[/size]
Might even have an early night! :smiling_imp:

Damn she is an actual writer…

Ah well, there goes creating good first impressions…

Good job Vic -p

Talk about parent’s making a good prediction for her future…

Y’ could’ve, :unamused: hit the nail on the head there, Numpt. If she has inherited her dad’s warped sense of humour, she’ll have a niche already prepared for her here on Scriv’s lower deck. She could be lurking here already for all we know :open_mouth:

Dont’ you think thats pointing out the advantages given to nails is a bit mean?

I had a choice of two options:
a) Speak the truth, “Y’ could’ve, :unamused: hit the nail on the head there, Numpt.”
b) Be kind, and my post would’ve read, “Y’ could’ve, :unamused:, Numpt.”

Fine. I concede the point. This time.

About that yossi guy… Seems awful new to be pointing out the truth about your mental state so openly. I’m not sure if he is particularly brazen or you’ve lost your edge. There wasn’t the normal level of fear and trepidation we’ve come to expect. You feeling ok these days?

What y’ve got t’ realise, numpt, is that young yossi is a university student, and like uni stoodes the world over, he flits twixt this and other parallel universes/dimensions umpteen times day-n-night. The Lords of Physics & Mother Nature, hold no sway over them. Until their Day of Atonement, (Graduation Day), we mere mortals go with the flow, as it were, bend with the wind, so to speak, and pay no heed to their extraterrestrial behaviour. And! Since when have I ever inspired a sense fear and trepidation in other members of Scriv’s crew? Y’ must be mixing me up with Fluff.

Thanks all, and a special thanks to vic-k (not for the book, but cos I like a man with a beard.

So, bottom deck. It’s certainly easier writing on here than trying to fathom all the drop-downs and binders and . . .

That’s my reason for delayed thanks!!

:blush: 8) :smiling_imp: Shucks!! Thank yoo

[size=150]Know where y’re coming from, Paige :cry: I’ve been waiting since 2007, for somebody to come up with [/size] [size=200] FOR SCRIVENER. v.1 INTERACTIVE TUTORIALS[/size]
[size=150]As soon as they do … look for me topping the 'Worldwide Bestselling Bonk-Busting Bodice Ripping, Steampunk Espionage, SF" list.[/size]
Till then I’ll go back to trying to figure out wot th’ell The Binder’s all about. Sounds like a roll of something they’d be using in “50 Shades of Pink”
Lovely to see you made it back to the bottom deck :laughing:

I’m enjoying my nightly cavorting with Olivia :wink:
Take care,
Vic

How you have to time to come up with this crazy shit is beyond me bruv…You deserve a degree in Bulshitology. Add that your degree of Rat Catching and Wall Painting.

And yes… being that “Yossi guy” I am a frequent flyer into parallel universes, mainly those with clean-shaven women, and cheerleaders…lots and lots of cheerleaders… and don’t forget talking gorillas and tuxedo-wearing snails who like playing cricket in their spare time crossing sidewalks early in the morning during monsoon seasons…

I shall have to wait as well to evenutally pick your book about Dummies at some point. Do you think it’d sell in Parallel universes?

Yes, Yossi is right, Vic-k: you do have WAY too much time on your hands!

Just imagine if all those energies were devoted to a worthwhile purpose, perhaps writing aids for Stephen Hawkins or Isaac Asimov!! (if their names are spelt wrong, you can correct me because I don’t have that sort of time available. So why the heck am I lingering here?

Bye!! :arrow_right:

Hmm … self doubt? One of the earliest symptoms of the effects of
Ahh well … c’est la vie … eh? :frowning:

But I’m back again after plundering another few hours trying to work my way through Scrivener’s multiple menus and seemingly irksome manner of trying to set up a project. But I won’t complain on here, lest I am banned and sent on my way. It shouldn’t be so different from Write it Now, but like anything, persistence . . .

Complain away. We can commiserate. The same folks that lurk in the bilge frequent the support sides as well. Some of us just stopped chiming in up there.

Scriv and write now are different. Just like MS Word and Pages are different. I don’t think one would expect pages and word to work the same. Given the extreme flexibility of scriv and write now (compared to pages/word) the impact of natural difference is much larger (complexity of UI and operational workflow is typically seen as a non-linear function of flexibility)(can anyone tell what I’m doing at work these days?). But that doesn’t really matter when you want to get stuff done, does it? At least it never really mattered to me.

The one thing that helped me (this was way back when the version numbers were smaller) was to use a template and then tweak that to make my own template. I think the out of the box templates would hit a large amount of what folks need. But I could be wrong. My world is pretty small and these days I’m too curmudgeonly to want to expand it too much.

Feel free to ask away on the support section or to blow off steam down here in the bilge. Either way we are all on the same ship.

The main and ultimate reason to why I use Scrivener is because of the ‘full-screen mode’. So far, no other app comes close to its perfection.

It’s the reason I bought Scrivener.
It’s the reason I bought, and continue to buy Apple products.
It’s the reason I’m on this forum.

It’s the secret to the universe.

yossi.
You’re here cos you’re a uni stoodiant, and it’s in y’ blood … so! where else would y be? cos
this is [size=150]มหาวิทยาลัยของชีวิต[/size]

Vic

Had to google translate that. Where else would I be? Well I’d probably be doing my homework in lieu of forum-ing my arse to kingdom come.