On the Issue of Bloatware

Yeah, thanks for the advice, Jaysen. Needed someone to say it.

Ass-time is key.

Just not too much of it, otherwise different forms of bloatware may occur, particularly if you regularly import a lot of pizza. :mrgreen:

On a topic unrelated to the OP, does anyone know where I can get some cheap doxycycline?

Sorry, you arrived too late. Old JeyRob has been chased out of town.

Meanwhile, on the subject of Compile…

Back matter. Lot of happy writers.

Dammit! I was this close to buying some of that–antibiotic? :neutral_face:

Nice! I’ve always wanted a preview window for compile time–how did you know it was on my Christmas list? :open_mouth:

Actually, I realise now that the picture could be misleading without context. There’s still no way to provide a live preview of your actual text, because that would involve compiling all of your text to show the preview. So what you see there is some dummy text to show you how your text would look if you choose this format with those layouts…

Being able to eliminate indents on the first paragraph is going to make a lot of people happy. Looks good so far!

Ah. That makes sense. I thought there would just be a long pause (depending on how much work compile had to do) when you selected a different compile preset on the left. Still, even if it’s just an example of how text will look, it’ll be nice.

But since I’m not getting a real preview for X-mas, can I have a pony?

Yes, but it’s blind, only has three legs and no hair. And it screams when you touch it.

That sounds night “mare” ish! :laughing:

Sorry. I’ll see myself out.

I read recently that people who find puns amusing are often afflicted with some sort of brain damage. Not that I’m implying anything…

I find that it’s the other neigh around.

That might explain Finnegans Wake.

I don’t think anything explains that jumble of letters.

My goal is to read and finish that book one day…

And so have we come full circle? Is Finnegan’s Wake the literary equivalent of bloatware?

Bloatware may be bloat but generally such software is meant to work.

Finnigan’s Wake by and large, is unreadable. It also requires a PhD in Irish or English Literature, to deem this to be ‘officially’ the case.

I’m not sure the same can be said of bloatware.

ROTL!