Optical illusion figures

The first Google result for ‘“optical illusion” toucan gnome’ is this thread! Good luck with your search :slight_smile:

Typical. :open_mouth: I’ve probably just wiped any chance of my finding it out. All threads lead to Latte? :unamused:

I’ve got some pictures of carrots with wiggly bits…

Now you’re talking. 8)

ooh, I found this on google, it might offer up some ideas.

lookmind.com/

These are my proudly grown (but hideously mutated!) carrots

Cheers Pink, will have a browse through. :smiley:

I think the word you’re looking for might be “anamorphic”???

EDITED TO ADD: Mind you, the internet does not abound with references. Apparently Baudelaire wrote about an anamorphic statue: a smiling woman turns out to be crying behind a mask, when viewed from a different angle. But otherwise, hmmmmm…

isn’t that what they do with those ads that they paint onto football pitches? That look like they are almost sticking up, and perfectly straight on when viewed from one camera, but when viewed from another, they are long and thin and weirdly distorted?

Edited to add: What is anamorphosis?
The famous painting with the skull!

Anna Morphosis was the villain(ess) in an American crime novel. Frederick Brown, I believe. She put her lovers to sleep through some physical manipulation – actually, “manipulation,” with its intimation of hands as the operative anatomical structure, may be imprecise – and, while they were asleep – morphic, that is to say – she conducted ghastly and, it is generally supposed, unnecessary experiments on their bodies.

Phil

Siren :wink:
I think youll find that: Baudelaire, was referring to a very cold, stand-offish middle aged married woman, who couldnt bear sight nor sound of him. For some inexplicable reason, this woman had entered into an an adulterous relationship with him, whilst, ay the same time keeping her dislike for him, well hidden. Her disdain being revealed to him, by a third party, only after the affair ended.

Even Baudelaire couldnt figure out the way the female mind works. :wink: Ask Phil, hes the same :wink: Hiya Pal how`s it going?

vic

The best I could find was a cartoon for that picture.

Another word I always liked was anaglyptic. Which I think is 3D pictures (the blurry red and blue ones).

Vic wrote:

The same as Baudelaire? Well, yes, with one slight change, which is that very cold, stand-offish middle aged married women, even those who can bear sight or sound of me, manage pretty regularly to eschew adulterous relationships with me. The reason is, I gather, explicable.

On the other hand, if you meant I couldn’t figure out the way the female mind works, well, yes, pass the Jameson.

Phil

Best I can do is Bundy. But my other half has been surepticiously helping himself to that when I wasn’t looking, so I am not inclined to share.

Hi Phil,
with the multitude of females in your family and since you were there on thread, I figured you were more than an adequate spokesman, for us lesser beings (Men). :frowning:

The pondering by males, upon the machinations, inherent within the female thought processes, must surely qualify as the real Final Frontier: “To go, where no man has gone before.” :confused:

Beam me up Sheenan! the Clingons are here!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

You may well be right but somehow typing ‘anamorphic toucan gnome figurine’ seems to have turned google into dictionary/thesaurus finder. :open_mouth:

Worryingly, a lot of the links are downloadable gzip files. Especially if you replace ‘toucan’ with ‘marmot’.

Why you would want to do this is anyones guess, but hey, what’s life, if not for living? :smiling_imp:

As for your carrots, Pink. Well, I’m lost for words. :open_mouth:

carrots!! :open_mouth: Pink`s carrots :confused: wot carrots?

Carrots! I cant see any reference to Pink and carrots :confused: O,ho 8) have you two been doing rude pm-s :blush: tch! tch!

On the previous page, under the heading:-

for your perusal Vic. 8) Now again, less of that Jamesons. It’s doing no good for your eyesight, or jelousy. :smiling_imp:

I was already having a bad hair day as it was, but having seen this in Pinks carrot patch(not [i]that[/i] carrot patch!! y dirty minded buggers :blush:) I mean her other one, with real carrots…aww ffe.... Im just losing it now… :open_mouth: that`s photo of a feckin

. TYRANNOSYNOPSIS!!