Scrivener for ZX Spectrum

User avatar
lunk
Posts: 3607
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:24 pm
Platform: Mac + iOS
Location: Sweden 64° N

Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:29 am Post

"Electronic components? Hah! When I wrote my novel there were no electronics! I had to draw the Scrivener window on a piece of wood, and re-draw it every time I made a change in the Binder! You folks that had electronics were lucky!"
I am a user, writing non-fiction and science, using:
* Mac Scrivener 3 on a Macbook 12”, MacBook Pro 13”, and iMac 27”, all running the latest MacOS
* iOS Scrivener 1 on an iPhone 8, iPad Air 9.7”, and iPad Pro 12.9”, all running the latest iOS

User avatar
gr
Posts: 2111
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:57 am
Platform: Mac + iOS
Location: Florida

Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:51 pm Post

Oh, well, you were lucky. We used to dream of a piece of wood! We had to chisel ours -- Binders and all -- out of stones. And no Scrivenings mode then, because our poor mum had no kind of money for a wheelbarrow -- what with seven mouths to feed.

User avatar
lunk
Posts: 3607
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:24 pm
Platform: Mac + iOS
Location: Sweden 64° N

Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:34 pm Post

Hah! You had chisels?? You were lucky then We had to use our teeth to carve in the rocks. Luckily there were fifteen mouths, so plenty of teeth.
I am a user, writing non-fiction and science, using:
* Mac Scrivener 3 on a Macbook 12”, MacBook Pro 13”, and iMac 27”, all running the latest MacOS
* iOS Scrivener 1 on an iPhone 8, iPad Air 9.7”, and iPad Pro 12.9”, all running the latest iOS

PJ
PJS
Posts: 1184
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:05 pm
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: Upstate New York

Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:38 pm Post

ah, what we wouldn't have given for a couple teeth and a rock.
You can't conquer stupid — or cure it — with more stupid.

User avatar
Jaysen
Posts: 6152
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:00 am
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: East-Be-Jesus-Nowhere SC, USA

Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:43 pm Post

note to self: stop reading this thread in corp meetings... it's hard to explain the laughter when you forget to mute your phone and they are talking about less than humorous things

size reduced to protect the stone eaters who likely can't read print this small :P
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 26 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

Image

User avatar
lunk
Posts: 3607
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:24 pm
Platform: Mac + iOS
Location: Sweden 64° N

Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:38 pm Post

Grrr... I would grind me teeth, if I had any left. :twisted:
I am a user, writing non-fiction and science, using:
* Mac Scrivener 3 on a Macbook 12”, MacBook Pro 13”, and iMac 27”, all running the latest MacOS
* iOS Scrivener 1 on an iPhone 8, iPad Air 9.7”, and iPad Pro 12.9”, all running the latest iOS

User avatar
yosimiti
Posts: 596
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:56 am
Platform: Mac

Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:33 pm Post

lunk wrote:Grrr... I would grind me teeth, if I had any left. :twisted:


Jesus, aren't you a young lad now! All that matters I guess is that you stay young at heart sir.

User avatar
yosimiti
Posts: 596
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:56 am
Platform: Mac

Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:35 pm Post

Jaysen wrote:note to self: stop reading this thread in corp meetings... it's hard to explain the laughter when you forget to mute your phone and they are talking about less than humorous things

size reduced to protect the stone eaters who likely can't read print this small :P



Yeah, this forum is THE ultimate time waster. It's more worse than Facebook. Have to find a healthier fix.

User avatar
lunk
Posts: 3607
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:24 pm
Platform: Mac + iOS
Location: Sweden 64° N

Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:45 pm Post

yosimiti wrote:All that matters I guess is that you stay young at heart sir.


Not sure I can. Some claim that I am heartless.
I am a user, writing non-fiction and science, using:
* Mac Scrivener 3 on a Macbook 12”, MacBook Pro 13”, and iMac 27”, all running the latest MacOS
* iOS Scrivener 1 on an iPhone 8, iPad Air 9.7”, and iPad Pro 12.9”, all running the latest iOS

User avatar
Jaysen
Posts: 6152
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:00 am
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: East-Be-Jesus-Nowhere SC, USA

Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:05 pm Post

yosimiti wrote:
Jaysen wrote:note to self: stop reading this thread in corp meetings... it's hard to explain the laughter when you forget to mute your phone and they are talking about less than humorous things

size reduced to protect the stone eaters who likely can't read print this small :P



Yeah, this forum is THE ultimate time waster. It's more worse than Facebook. Have to find a healthier fix.

who said I was wasting time by being on the forum?
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 26 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

Image

User avatar
yosimiti
Posts: 596
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:56 am
Platform: Mac

Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:00 pm Post

You are correct. Laughter is the best way to spend time, I guess.