Scrivener for ZX Spectrum

Good point! :smiley:

So, why are you ignoring CP/M? My old Kaypro II didn’t make it through the millennium — or even the Game Nineties, come to that — but I can buy a used one online for about $200. And for another #8.00 I can get Zork on a floppy.

(What? You don’t know Zork?)

phil

Concurrent CP-M should work better with Scrivener. :smiley:

I have absolutely no clue as what any are saying here, but I would like to get Scrivener on VHS before I croak. http://www.wired.com/2016/07/vcr-officially-dead-well-never-forget/

I don’t think hoping for VHS support is a lost cause:

fortune.com/2016/07/21/last-vide … der-maker/

It will be a lot of work to transfer all my old WordStar files into Scrivener, but I’ll do it in a heartbeat as soon as the CP/M version becomes reality.

128K Spectrum? Are you kidding? The 48K was plenty :slight_smile:

Ah, Kaypro, which was the closest I ever got to buying a CP/M computer; what is it the ham radio guys say about the old buckets, boat anchor. Nicest software design though. I had already had an affair with an Osborne, though, and was tainted.

In fact it was typing a luminous John Fowles chapter into WordStar on the Osbornes’s little screen that hooked me on the magic of fiction itself.

I held off, though, stayed with typewriters some years. But then, there was the Mac. This I kept with until the laptops couldn’t keep up with the consulting with corpish clients, then in Europe (though Macs esp. MacBooks are all the rage now), so with great reluctance, I switched.

I wouild do it again, comes the money, but that would include all the software I use, so would be substantial. Well, not all, as now you can run Win10 alternately, a great thing, esp. as it is not too bad. Hmm. Actually, I could get just the laptp now, plus a non-free copy of that OS. We’ll see…

C. (not intentional rhyming, but there you are, serendipitouswise…)

Scrivener for Tall Boy
Scrivener for Tall Boy.jpg“I bought Scrivener for Tall Boy only last week and my first novel is already in the can!”

So is this what this forum has become? A place for old fashioned geeks and dorks (myself included) to talk about bygone electronic components of which we dream Scrivener could work on? Hell yeah

“Electronic components? Hah! When I wrote my novel there were no electronics! I had to draw the Scrivener window on a piece of wood, and re-draw it every time I made a change in the Binder! You folks that had electronics were lucky!”

Oh, well, you were lucky. We used to dream of a piece of wood! We had to chisel ours – Binders and all – out of stones. And no Scrivenings mode then, because our poor mum had no kind of money for a wheelbarrow – what with seven mouths to feed.

Hah! You had chisels?? You were lucky then We had to use our teeth to carve in the rocks. Luckily there were fifteen mouths, so plenty of teeth.

ah, what we wouldn’t have given for a couple teeth and a rock.

[size=70]note to self: stop reading this thread in corp meetings… it’s hard to explain the laughter when you forget to mute your phone and they are talking about less than humorous things

size reduced to protect the stone eaters who likely can’t read print this small :stuck_out_tongue: [/size]

Grrr… I would grind me teeth, if I had any left. :smiling_imp:

Jesus, aren’t you a young lad now! All that matters I guess is that you stay young at heart sir.

Yeah, this forum is THE ultimate time waster. It’s more worse than Facebook. Have to find a healthier fix.

Not sure I can. Some claim that I am heartless.

who said I was wasting time by being on the forum?