Scrivener for ZX Spectrum

I can’t wait to save my novel on a TDK cassette tape!

AndreasE

Yo don’t diss Scrivener for Apple Watch mon! I’m currently dictating my thesis on Scrivener, while jogging and fencing don’t you see? :open_mouth:

Before you go porting to these other IMPURE platforms, how about keeping it in the Apple family, huh?! I say you start with the iPod Classic… or the iPod Shuffle! And what about the Apple Newton? Where’s the Newton love, you… you… traitor! :laughing:

+1 for the Newton!

I liked the Newton also, baulky beast that the first one was :wink:

I want Scrivener for my Atari ST520 with its massive 512Kb of RAM, external 3.5" floppy and its absolutely brilliant 12" paper-white monitor with it’s great 640 x 480 resolution!

Mark

I think the PalmOS is a serious oversight. I’ve still got my IIIxe somewhere and it’s monochrome screen would give distraction and content free editing. Also, I think it has seniority over the Newton. Unless we’re talking Isaac Newton, in which case…carry on.

At last, someone who values the purity of it all! “Scrivener Mini, for those who want content-free writing! A single black editing window, where nothing can be entered or edited.”

That should result in the opposite of NIAD. “NIE, Nothing In Eternity!” :smiley:

Thanks lunk. I think you’d agree that content, and typing in particular, just gets in the way of creativity. I credit this philosophy with my spectacularly limited output.

Content is definitely overrated. Creates nothing but trouble, if you look closely. :wink:

… and being creative seldom makes you content. :open_mouth:

Good point! :smiley:

So, why are you ignoring CP/M? My old Kaypro II didn’t make it through the millennium — or even the Game Nineties, come to that — but I can buy a used one online for about $200. And for another #8.00 I can get Zork on a floppy.

(What? You don’t know Zork?)

phil

Concurrent CP-M should work better with Scrivener. :smiley:

I have absolutely no clue as what any are saying here, but I would like to get Scrivener on VHS before I croak. http://www.wired.com/2016/07/vcr-officially-dead-well-never-forget/

I don’t think hoping for VHS support is a lost cause:

fortune.com/2016/07/21/last-vide … der-maker/

It will be a lot of work to transfer all my old WordStar files into Scrivener, but I’ll do it in a heartbeat as soon as the CP/M version becomes reality.

128K Spectrum? Are you kidding? The 48K was plenty :slight_smile:

Ah, Kaypro, which was the closest I ever got to buying a CP/M computer; what is it the ham radio guys say about the old buckets, boat anchor. Nicest software design though. I had already had an affair with an Osborne, though, and was tainted.

In fact it was typing a luminous John Fowles chapter into WordStar on the Osbornes’s little screen that hooked me on the magic of fiction itself.

I held off, though, stayed with typewriters some years. But then, there was the Mac. This I kept with until the laptops couldn’t keep up with the consulting with corpish clients, then in Europe (though Macs esp. MacBooks are all the rage now), so with great reluctance, I switched.

I wouild do it again, comes the money, but that would include all the software I use, so would be substantial. Well, not all, as now you can run Win10 alternately, a great thing, esp. as it is not too bad. Hmm. Actually, I could get just the laptp now, plus a non-free copy of that OS. We’ll see…

C. (not intentional rhyming, but there you are, serendipitouswise…)

Scrivener for Tall Boy
Scrivener for Tall Boy.jpg“I bought Scrivener for Tall Boy only last week and my first novel is already in the can!”