Scrivener for ZX Spectrum

Awwww!
Brings back so many memories . . . worn-out symbol shift keys. . . .

Did you cobble that image together, Keith, or is it actually running in an emulator?

Dave

But will it sync with iCloud? If not, how could you access your work in progress from your Apple Watch? :wink:

That is hilarious!

It occurs to me that the way to succeed here is to emulate the Spectrum on the iPad, with current Scrivener guts behind it…

A real nostalgia market no doubt; and think of all the trash80 (whoops) and other delightful – and maybe important – pasts you could visit.

Sort of like the Enterprise flying tight around the sun, in the movies, sort of.

I think they got that idea from an old Superman comic, by the way.

May you never come across Kryptonite, Keith :wink:

Clive

p.s what is the state of that imaginative’s novel, anyway? And do you hobnob with the Cornwall Cornwell Le Carrés??

p.p.s.with all the iPad trash I’ve had to clear out of this less forgiving forum editor, might have to go to writing the shots on Scrivener first. Now where is that emoji pane? Aha: :coffee: Could be cocoa…!

I can’t wait to save my novel on a TDK cassette tape!

AndreasE

Yo don’t diss Scrivener for Apple Watch mon! I’m currently dictating my thesis on Scrivener, while jogging and fencing don’t you see? :open_mouth:

Before you go porting to these other IMPURE platforms, how about keeping it in the Apple family, huh?! I say you start with the iPod Classic… or the iPod Shuffle! And what about the Apple Newton? Where’s the Newton love, you… you… traitor! :laughing:

+1 for the Newton!

I liked the Newton also, baulky beast that the first one was :wink:

I want Scrivener for my Atari ST520 with its massive 512Kb of RAM, external 3.5" floppy and its absolutely brilliant 12" paper-white monitor with it’s great 640 x 480 resolution!

Mark

I think the PalmOS is a serious oversight. I’ve still got my IIIxe somewhere and it’s monochrome screen would give distraction and content free editing. Also, I think it has seniority over the Newton. Unless we’re talking Isaac Newton, in which case…carry on.

At last, someone who values the purity of it all! “Scrivener Mini, for those who want content-free writing! A single black editing window, where nothing can be entered or edited.”

That should result in the opposite of NIAD. “NIE, Nothing In Eternity!” :smiley:

Thanks lunk. I think you’d agree that content, and typing in particular, just gets in the way of creativity. I credit this philosophy with my spectacularly limited output.

Content is definitely overrated. Creates nothing but trouble, if you look closely. :wink:

… and being creative seldom makes you content. :open_mouth:

Good point! :smiley:

So, why are you ignoring CP/M? My old Kaypro II didn’t make it through the millennium — or even the Game Nineties, come to that — but I can buy a used one online for about $200. And for another #8.00 I can get Zork on a floppy.

(What? You don’t know Zork?)

phil

Concurrent CP-M should work better with Scrivener. :smiley:

I have absolutely no clue as what any are saying here, but I would like to get Scrivener on VHS before I croak. http://www.wired.com/2016/07/vcr-officially-dead-well-never-forget/

I don’t think hoping for VHS support is a lost cause:

fortune.com/2016/07/21/last-vide … der-maker/