Scrivener for iOS - When?

Final word: tomorrow

No, I was in fact thinking of Celiac’s Disease. My utter ignorance of the condition, combined with a thoughtless faith in pharmacology, are responsible for the mistake. Not the first time I’ve shown myself bare-assed; most likely it won’t be the last … :blush:

I’m not sure what you’re talking about. I thought the topic at hand was gluten intolerance.

So, can anyone tell me if the Wednesday App Store release means 12:01 (also not sure which time Zone)… Or will it be sometime in the middle of the day? Sorry if thus was answered, but I’m not sure exactly what to search for.

I have it on good authority that the release will be about 1am on Wednesday. The authority failed to tell me what time zone, but how many time zones could there be? Three? Four?

In all seriousness, it will likely have to do with when Keith and the team are “all hands on deck”, ready to field support questions. Since they live around the globe, I can’t even guess when that will be.</wild speculation>

Best to just resign yourself to Thursday (from your perspective) and then be pleasantly surprised… unless it actually does come out on Thursday in your timezone.

It will be sometime in the morning UK time. I appreciate that may or may not quite be the 20th for our antipodean friends. :slight_smile: I don’t want to release it just before I go to bed, however.

Why not? Wouldn’t that be more like … Christmas? You wake up next morning, and open the forum to see how we have been doing while you where enjoying a good nights sleep? :smiley:

I think we should all stay up all night until it’s released =-)

We could have virtual bonfires, or wave our iPhones and iPads with their torch lights lightning the night.

Or Keith could arrange with a streaming video, so we could all see when he pushes the final ‘Okay’ in iTunes Producer. :smiley:

It’s actually going to be a rather dull affair: I’ll get up, make the kids toast, make myself a smoothie, press the release button, then go to the gym. :slight_smile: However, we are planning on a champagne lunch with our laptops.

Every second that you delay releasing the iOS you deny the world literature, I hope you sleep well at night Keith :wink:

… and by the time you get back from the gym the counter on App Store has reached… a high number. :slight_smile:

But making toasts for the kids is also quite nice.

I have a feeling Pokemon Go is not at too much risk. :slight_smile:

Ah, there you have the next version! The workout version of Scrivener: Scrivener Go!

You have to run around to catch the words you want to enter in your text. :smiley:

I just spotted a rare gerund in the park!

am of the 20th here in Aus and my money is still burning a hole…

Have another look this afternoon.

It’s the first time I’ve seen all the listings for Scrivo. How many different versions can they stuff into the app store?

Regardless of whether the apps are any good, I have to say it looks like a shameless attempt to ride Scrivener’s coat tails.

At $19.99 the genuine article is a steal!

It’s Wednesday 20 July, woohoo!

No Scrivener app. Sigh. Way to make a day start badly. Look out world your in trouble!

The ‘advantage’ of being ahead of the rest of the world timezone wise only seems to count for New Year’s Eve. Damn it.

I’ll check tomorrow. On Thursday 21 July … :cry:

(Seriously I knew you were fibbing and it wouldn’t be out on the 20th for us but you can’t blame a girl for dreaming. So, can’t wait! Lol)

Six Minutes to Wednesday here… can’t wait to wake up tomorrow…!!!

Our antipodean friends complain every time we say a date. :slight_smile: The trouble is, we have to give a date, and your day is over before it begins in the US - it’s not our fault you are ahead! We straddle the two time zones here in the UK, and release in UK time. I sent out several notifications today that it would be released in the morning UK time - in newsletters, on the blog, on Facebook, on Twitter - so I did try to temper expectations!

But it will be there, tomorrow morning - 20th July. :slight_smile:

And little inevitable tweaks aside, the new web page design and site update is done and ready to roll over once the time is right!