Scrivener for iOS - When?

markfasano
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:57 pm Post

devinganger wrote:
markfasano wrote:
KB wrote: Nope, a better analogy would be that we've made some delicious bread, we've sliced it up, and we're selling slices to anyone who wants one - but coeliacs can't eat the bread so want us to make a different loaf. :)

Well, they could if they'd take their medication, but fair enough.

You're thinking those who are lactose intolerant. My wife and kids both have Celiac's Disease, which is an auto-immune disease wherein the gluten protein damages the cilia in the intestines. There's no medication to take to mitigate it -- you have to avoid gluten.

No, I was in fact thinking of Celiac's Disease. My utter ignorance of the condition, combined with a thoughtless faith in pharmacology, are responsible for the mistake. Not the first time I've shown myself bare-assed; most likely it won't be the last ... :oops:

markfasano

Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:00 pm Post

teddyhh wrote:how did this forum about Scrivener for iOS turned into something about battery life of ipads/iphones? :D

I'm not sure what you're talking about. I thought the topic at hand was gluten intolerance.

aw
awol
Platform: Mac + iOS

Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:54 pm Post

So, can anyone tell me if the Wednesday App Store release means 12:01 (also not sure which time Zone).. Or will it be sometime in the middle of the day? Sorry if thus was answered, but I'm not sure exactly what to search for.

rdale

Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:04 pm Post

awol wrote:So, can anyone tell me if the Wednesday App Store release means 12:01 (also not sure which time Zone).. Or will it be sometime in the middle of the day? Sorry if thus was answered, but I'm not sure exactly what to search for.

I have it on good authority that the release will be about 1am on Wednesday. The authority failed to tell me what time zone, but how many time zones could there be? Three? Four?

<wild speculation>In all seriousness, it will likely have to do with when Keith and the team are "all hands on deck", ready to field support questions. Since they live around the globe, I can't even guess when that will be.</wild speculation>

Best to just resign yourself to Thursday (from your perspective) and then be pleasantly surprised... unless it actually does come out on Thursday in your timezone.
FKA: robertdguthrie
AKA: R Dale Guthrie, Robert, Mr. Obscure, and "Oh, it's you again".

KB
Site Admin
Platform: Mac

Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:01 pm Post

It will be sometime in the morning UK time. I appreciate that may or may not quite be the 20th for our antipodean friends. :) I don't want to release it just before I go to bed, however.
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

lunk

Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:35 pm Post

KB wrote:I don't want to release it just before I go to bed, however.

Why not? Wouldn't that be more like ... Christmas? You wake up next morning, and open the forum to see how we have been doing while you where enjoying a good nights sleep? :D
I am a user, writing non-fiction and science, using:
* Mac Scrivener 3 on a Macbook 12”, MacBook Pro 13”, and iMac 27”, all running the latest MacOS
* iOS Scrivener 1 on an iPhone 8, iPad Air 9.7”, and iPad Pro 12.9”, all running the latest iOS

wi
windy71

Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:56 pm Post

I think we should all stay up all night until it's released =-)

lunk

Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:21 pm Post

We could have virtual bonfires, or wave our iPhones and iPads with their torch lights lightning the night.

Or Keith could arrange with a streaming video, so we could all see when he pushes the final 'Okay' in iTunes Producer. :D
* Mac Scrivener 3 on a Macbook 12”, MacBook Pro 13”, and iMac 27”, all running the latest MacOS
* iOS Scrivener 1 on an iPhone 8, iPad Air 9.7”, and iPad Pro 12.9”, all running the latest iOS

KB
Site Admin

Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:26 pm Post

lunk wrote:We could have virtual bonfires, or wave our iPhones and iPads with their torch lights lightning the night.

Or Keith could arrange with a streaming video, so we could all see when he pushes the final 'Okay' in iTunes Producer. :D

It's actually going to be a rather dull affair: I'll get up, make the kids toast, make myself a smoothie, press the release button, then go to the gym. :) However, we are planning on a champagne lunch with our laptops.
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

wi
windy71

Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:28 pm Post

Every second that you delay releasing the iOS you deny the world literature, I hope you sleep well at night Keith ;-)

lunk

Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:30 pm Post

... and by the time you get back from the gym the counter on App Store has reached... a high number. :)

But making toasts for the kids is also quite nice.

KB
Site Admin

Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:43 pm Post

I have a feeling Pokemon Go is not at too much risk. :)

lunk

Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:50 pm Post

Ah, there you have the next version! The workout version of Scrivener: Scrivener Go!

You have to run around to catch the words you want to enter in your text. :D

ConradG

Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:47 pm Post

I just spotted a rare gerund in the park!

Am
Amcmo

Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:10 pm Post

am of the 20th here in Aus and my money is still burning a hole....

Have another look this afternoon.

It's the first time I've seen all the listings for Scrivo. How many different versions can they stuff into the app store?

Regardless of whether the apps are any good, I have to say it looks like a shameless attempt to ride Scrivener's coat tails.

At $19.99 the genuine article is a steal!