Who's in for NaNoWriMo 2016?

I didn’t plan to do July’s session of CAMP NaNoWriMo this year but for the well known, main event in November, who are my fellow forum users that will be participating this year? Is this your first year or not? How do you feel about the contest this year? Good luck to everyone! :smiley:

It won’t be my first year. I participated two years ago and “won,” so I’m trying again this year. Last year was a nightmare and there was a lot of family health crises, so I’m hoping everyone stays healthy and I’ll be able to get some writing done this year.

What about you? Will it be your first time? What is your preferred writing genre? Do you use Scrivener for your writing?

I keep meaning to (both November and July). It never seems to work out. Really want to do November this year.

I meant to take part in July but have been having computer problems. Hope to take part in November.

I am taking part this year :slight_smile:

I’m going to try it this year. :open_mouth:

I have a big project that should be terminated by November. If it is not, NaNoWriMo will be the month for the final spurt. If I’m free to just let go, I’ll use NaNoWriMo to hammer out a rough first draft, testing new ideas.

I’m hoping to get back to it. The last few years were wiped out by unexpected family deaths and health crises, which I sincerely hope have now gone by.

I am. Hoping to a final draft this time!

I’m in (if I can figure out a story idea in time). Looking forward to being able to do some of the writing on my iPad Pro :slight_smile:

oh go on… you’ve twisted my arm… :wink:

Count me in. Especially since Scrivner iOS was released … I’ve really no excuse at all. :laughing:

Probably…

I’m pondering de-pantsifying myself, and spending the rest of the month on an outline. Outlines are all well and good, but I’ve yet to finish one. Sigh. Maybe Scapple will come to the rescue.

I’m in! I was a participant in '14 and '15 but I never made 50000 words as I wanted to. I hope this year I will finally do it. Also, I’m new here, so nice to meet you guys! :smiley:

I’m considering writing two screenplays (25K words each) instead of a 50K novel. A sci-fi and a comedy, on alternating days. Would that be … wrong?

I think that makes you a “NaNo Rebel.” You get your own forum, so it can’t be too wrong…

I’m also in.

I’ve never completed NaNo, but I’m in as a rebel: I’m a whisker under 70,000 words into a novel and I really need a complete first draft (140,000 words minimum) by the end of the year, so that’s me in the corner.

(NB: my all-time record was 51,000 words in one week flat – and published by an imprint of Penguin Random House, so it can’t have been all that terrible – so I’m basically using it as a pace car.)

mcd wrote:

“I’m a loner, Dottie. A rebel!”

No, not so alone. I always wanted to be part of a Rebellion :laughing: Good to know that “NaNo Rebel” is an actual thing!

Good luck on your projects and may the Force be with us.

Not doing NaNoWriMo this year, as my wife and I are going to do NaNoPloMo instead!

What’s NaNoPloMo, you ask? That’s where my wife and I are going to go through and plot all of my existing WIPs, trying out different methods and working on multiple projects to compare, contrast, and gain proficiency.