Novel-in-a-Day 5: Go Set A NiaD

Thank you, Rog, for all of your hard work! And thank you to everyone on this thread that has posted great information and making my first year a wonderful experience! Until next year!

Where does one find the signature awards?

Sleep well, I’ll look for your answer in the morning.

Good night all and good show! Thank you all for setting up/participating in this event. It was crazy, but productive.

Lesbian subtext and spaceship. Okay, that happened.

And just for one rollicking minute I thought our story was going this a-way: I Was Kidnapped By Lesbian Space Pirates.

As the Fates would have it, we had the very same chapter. So, your humility has been well and truly outed. :wink:

The links / method is the same as before (for those who don’t have an award signature currently, there’s a FAQ on how). Just add the -5 to the file name in the link!

Thanks for the kind words, folks!

Had you intended to include the link to the faq? Last year it was sent to me. I didn’t have a clue then nor yet how to locate the mug thingies.

Did a quick scan of the faq thread itself, and didn’t find one regarding signature thingies.

I am being thick what link would like to get them all ?

Faq de Niad is in the NIAD forum area – where you are now but one level up from here. There on the infinitely long list of frequently asked questions, you will see this one:

Can I get one of those sweeeet forum badges?

And our pigfodder is about to learn the true meaning of combinatorial explosion. For each year, without the benefit of server side graphics generation software, he is supplying (2 to the nth power) banner graphics, where n = the number of niads. Still at a mere 32 banners this year, hehhehheh.

Hey, it works! Look at me! I got my signature graphics! This just adds to the afterglow.

Testing …

Oh, mine doesn’t appear yet, nor last year’s. I’ll check back later.

Lil - this is the code I used for my graphic. Since I participated in 2014 and 2015, I specified “4-5” just before the “.png”. Someone whose first NiaD is 2015 will adjust the code to just “5”. Anyway, here’s mine:

[url=http://novelinaday.com][img]http://www.pigfender.com/NiaD_Badge/4-5.png[/img][/url]

All you have to do is past the code into the Signature. Go to the User Control Panel, select the Profile tab, select the Signature tab, and paste it in. Then hit submit.

Try it again!

Yes pasting it and adding in the five is the best, I got all of them in one go as I have done them all :slight_smile:

I only heard about it on Weds…So I did well, I think…

Ahh! I see the nature of my error. Had I searched through the faq for “sweeeet forum badges” instead of “award signature” or “mug thingie” I’d have been more successful. Silly me. :neutral_face: :confused:

You’re right! It so is. Sharing to FB. :smiley: Thanks. vic-k. So, will you be getting your hands dirty with the rest of us next year come NIAD (translated alliance) day?

Don’t prick the devil! :imp: Besides, V’s hands are already dirty. That much we know.

OK gr, calm down! Relax!
Fairest Montree, o jewel of the firmament, the likelihood of me enrolling in Niad16, or any other for that matter, has a probability rating of zilch minus 10 to the power of 100. It’s the kind of commitment that would send my ME spiralling down into what is best described (in this case), as the writer’s block from hell. Faced with an imperative/deadline, my brain goes into shutdown. I avoid making commitments to others that I know I can’t live up to.

Anyway! enough of that. I am looking forward to reading both your contributions to this years Niad.
My expectations are high, but I know I won’t be disappointed.
Take care
Vic

I know several participants try their damnedest every year to get Meister Piggenfender to give them insider information and with much amusement. Perhaps if you spend the next 6 months trying to present a successful inducement, you could add months to your deadline instead of only the 24 which are allotted. In any case, your team spirit and rallying cry spur us all on to new heights of accomplishment and panic on each and every alliance (come NIAD) day. :wink:

I did notice there was nary a purple prose award issued this year. Perhaps next.

Enjoy the humble results (humble in my case) of our frenzied effort this year.

Oh, and yes, I own my jewel-like nature but fear it’s not of the firmament, but rather the element of fire.

Oh, and just to set the record straight, for those who wonder. I detest chick lit. Not on my reading list. Just love to pull on the porcine ambulatory unit. It affords me great amusement to even think of writing in that particular genre.