Novel-in-a-Day 5: Go Set A NiaD

Because this is my third time and it is just as hard as I thought. :blush: Boy, that doesn’t sound weird or anything.

In all fairness, I think my chapter was the easiest to write. I spent long waking hours and this morning, I did sent a revised version with a few minor edits that I missed from my sleep deprived state. It has been a long time since I pulled an all nighter. :slight_smile: I’m just happy I was a part of this. And this board has entertained me a great deal. :slight_smile:

I sort of had the same feeling last night when the countdown clicked to zero that I had when my kids talked me into riding in the front row of the Leviathan roller coaster at Canada’s Wonderland and it was chugging up the first incline on its way to a 80 degree 400 foot 160kph drop; I realised that I may have made a huge mistake, but there was nothing I could do about it at that moment.

Hey everyone just so you know… I’m still waiting for a small number of chapters (which I’ve been promised are due very very soon). So there’s a chance the compilation will be delayed slightly (as I can’t start until all the files are in).

Will keep you posted.

I bet I’m LAST IN.

Oh hold on. It’s a WESTERN.

Ah.

This is disturbing kind of meiosis. The years fall away and I am back with the girlfriend whose vocalisations during sex could best be described, on a particularly good day, as praising with faint damns.

(She once, in what I had believed were the transports of delight, looked me in the eye and said “Are you enjoying this?”

The only answer being “Not any more,” I suppose.)

Hmmmmm…thinks of the revisions he could have made, had he known the deadline was somewhat soft

I was supposed to have put in a gunfight but didn’t. I cut straight to the afterglow. Comes from doing films, I suppose, where you write

EXT. DESERT - DUSK
There is a prolonged GUNFIGHT involving lots of people firing different guns. Some of the bad guys get away.

CUT TO:

INT. SALOON - NIGHT

MARSHAL
Gosh that was one hell of a gunfight. You should have seen it.

–So I suppose your adventitious gunfight cancels out my circumvented one. Excellent.

First let me say that I really love this project, and I really hope there is a next year. :slight_smile:

I feel bad because mine was a wee bit late, and the quality was not what I’d hoped it would be, so I’m feeling a little :blush: . If I wouldn’t have had ten million interruptions, I could have had some fun with this. I think that is part of the excitement though… you never know what you are going to face with the writing challenge, and then if you are anything like me, you never know what challenges/obstacles you will also face in your daily life and/or technologically.

A western was definitely an interesting diversion for me. Even though I live in the US, I think the only “western” I’ve watched is
youtu.be/qPJgbv1nHBw

lol

Thanks for letting me play.

And special thanks to pigfender for such an amazing experience. The amount of work put into it just boggles the mind.

So. Thinking ahead to next year, how’s about a dystopian setting in the Brazilian rain forest?

Its in! I’ll own up! I took it to the wire! I’ve had too much coffee! GO PIGFENDER GO!
(Every bloody year…)

See? All about the balance. :stuck_out_tongue:

The amount of Bombay Mix I got through this year was OBSCENE…

Thank you Pigfender… once again you have surpassed yourself with your brilliance in creativity and organisational splendour.

I don’t know about anyone else, but I have this little fantasy that he’s been sitting there at his laptop, wearing a HUGE stetson and smoking stogies the whole time…

Excited to read my chapter in context.

Here, here (or is that hear, hear)! Needless to say, I agree.

On another note. Love your user name. I always have to read it a couple of times to read it correctly. :wink:

thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/bearded- … 989347.jpg

Hey look… The Library’s got a new book --> viewtopic.php?f=51&t=28582&p=182444#p182444

Exciting! Downloading now!

Can’t open Yellow EPUB zip

How about now?