Novel-in-a-Day 5: Go Set A NiaD

Finlay got my submission sent in. Hopefully I wasn’t to late. :open_mouth:

Sounds good to me. I’d probably read more Jane Austen if she included gratuitous swearing… :smiley:

Worrabout gymnasticated honkey-tonkin’? :smiling_imp:

And the adaptations could star Samuel L Jackson, so win/win, I say.

“Say Prithee one more time, Muthaf****kah, I DARE you.”

Double spaces never left me. :slight_smile:

We all have our cross to bear.

Oh, this hurts me.

LOL…Why does this hurt you?

By the way, this year’s Nice Suit Award goes to pete340. Take a bow, Pete! :smiley:

Thank you. Thank you. Although the award seems rather pallid in comparison to the overall achievement of this group in writing three novels!

Scrambled in at 2,373.83 words* and for one gorgeous moment I had the sense that I had done better this year than last, but then realized Western’s are just inherently cheesier. :confused: Wow, look at that stray apostrophe. I gotta go sleep.

-gr

• Didn’t come out even, since some of those things are not really words.

Compared to my NaNoWriMo efforts, this was in some ways a more awkward lump that I am used to. From sundry details in my briefing I inferred it was the conclusion of the story, and however much effort the inestimable pigfender puts in, it’s not the same as the ending of a story you have been working with for most of a month.

It was also a largish lump, and feels a little unbalanced. At a bit over 3700 words it was a good day, but I think in a NaNoWriMo context I would have gained enough word-count over the preceding weeks to have stopped for today, and finished the chapter tomorrow. I remember a few better days in my past, and mostly they’ve been earlier in the plot: days when a surge of inspiration sets me in a completely different direction to what I anticipated.

And there are details I skated over which deserved a little more time and space.

Because this is my third time and it is just as hard as I thought. :blush: Boy, that doesn’t sound weird or anything.

In all fairness, I think my chapter was the easiest to write. I spent long waking hours and this morning, I did sent a revised version with a few minor edits that I missed from my sleep deprived state. It has been a long time since I pulled an all nighter. :slight_smile: I’m just happy I was a part of this. And this board has entertained me a great deal. :slight_smile:

I sort of had the same feeling last night when the countdown clicked to zero that I had when my kids talked me into riding in the front row of the Leviathan roller coaster at Canada’s Wonderland and it was chugging up the first incline on its way to a 80 degree 400 foot 160kph drop; I realised that I may have made a huge mistake, but there was nothing I could do about it at that moment.

Hey everyone just so you know… I’m still waiting for a small number of chapters (which I’ve been promised are due very very soon). So there’s a chance the compilation will be delayed slightly (as I can’t start until all the files are in).

Will keep you posted.

I bet I’m LAST IN.

Oh hold on. It’s a WESTERN.

Ah.

This is disturbing kind of meiosis. The years fall away and I am back with the girlfriend whose vocalisations during sex could best be described, on a particularly good day, as praising with faint damns.

(She once, in what I had believed were the transports of delight, looked me in the eye and said “Are you enjoying this?”

The only answer being “Not any more,” I suppose.)

Hmmmmm…thinks of the revisions he could have made, had he known the deadline was somewhat soft