Novel-in-a-Day 5: Go Set A NiaD

Wait! It’s 8.00pm TODAY? Hahahahaha. Don’t panic!

Oh, ye of little faith. :smiley:

Mine’s in (Smurfs and all)! Woot, woot!

I’m done. What an event this is. Oh, the pressure! Wishing the best of luck to all those whose eyes are still nailed to the screen hoping for inspiration to find them. I say to you all: “Keep going!” Looking forward now to see the finished article(s)!

Cheers

Mike :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Not that this is any different from previous years, but I’m going to be cutting this one close. Still working on the last of the chapter’s first draft. Edits will have to be light on this, and the confrontation hopefully isn’t as awful as I feel it’s turning out. Luckily, at least one other person is working on the same scene, so you can always just read theirs. :blush:

youtube.com/watch?v=pLgJ7pk0X-s
Best version ever! Official!

Oh yeah…Forgot that there are different versions…Will be interesting to see how ‘my’ chapter is handled by at least one other person.

Done at 2027 words. Now for one last edit.

Listening to Lean by the Nationals and Everybody Wants to Rule the World by Lorde two of the music on one of my writing playlists. I have hit 1900 words just trying to clean it up a bit, was a challenge but would not miss this for the world, so Pigfender it should be on the way to you shortly. :smiley:

I think I’ve read enough westerns to be confident with the history and setting- at least the novels I’ve read versions of history (Kelton was fair with the various races in his westerns, though his books were usually set in Texas, can’t remember if any of his books were ever in Arizona)…

I stuck the Lacey’s Gang in a cave… Hope my chapter doesn’t wind up too inconsistent with the rest.

Still need to squeeze out about 200 words, and still need to edit… Runs away screaming

I’ve got a plan, so I’m no longer having a panic attack. Got Red Dead Redemption sound track going and 1050 words of the first draft. It’s flowing now and while it might not be a masterpiece, it’ll do. :slight_smile:

John Lacey is making me laugh.

Just sayin’. He’s an amusing guy in my mind. psh, hehehe

First draft done at 2500 words. Needs quite a bit of cleaning up though. Back in the saddle I go!

We sold a total of 5 t-shirts. 2 of them were to me, and 1 was my mum. So, no, I don’t think I’ll be investing a whole lot of time expanding the range! :wink:

The Official Pigfender Award for Pun of the Day goes to…
rdale! :smiley:

Okay sent mine in, with plenty of time to spare too! This was fun, if exhausting. 2,526 words was a lot more than I was expecting out of myself. Can’t wait to read the whole book and see how jarringly out of place my part was, ahaha.

There are different versions? Where can I find info on that?

Done with my chapter! What a great way to spend 24 hours! 4176 words. Can’t wait to read everybody else’s entries!

Okay my chapter is in just sent it off, 2,167 words :smiley:

Submitted! Seeing people mention their 2000-4000 words puts me to shame. I only made 1700. But I and proud of myself and hope it’s not too bad. Can’t wait to read the whole book(s) and am DYING to see how someone else handled the exact same chapter. (I bet theirs is better, damn them!)

Thanks to the pigfender (I even managed to make a pig reference in my piece) for organising everything. This has been a highlight of my recent writing life. It’s not often you get to break the solitude and write as part of a community. Thanks to everybody on the forum for keeping it fun.

First draft done finally! 3,025 words! …

Running through a quick edit and then sending it off. I’m also proudly stating that I tossed in an almost-gunfight and a gorram.

Mouhaha.