Novel-in-a-Day 5: Go Set A NiaD

“burn that mother down!”

disco inferno : youtube.com/watch?v=V7EfnYwpmOE

From the appropriate but WTF??? files:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtknX95emMQ

My God it needs so much work. I think I will be the last to submit. But it will be on time. Stress!!!

I still need to write most of mine… :confused:

Well, you’ve got FIVE HOURS. Plenty of time. :slight_smile:

The fourth chapter is IN!

five hours? What?!?

Was there Facebook in 1867? Or was it still MySpace back then?

I suspect everyone looks like this about now:

http://images.intouchweekly.com/uploads/images/file/4916/typing-gif.gif?fit=crop&h=400&w=680

erm… yes, but as long as it’s not, the banks, the jail, the mayors office or the red boot saloon! Whatever you create, you can (and sometimes should) destroy!

:slight_smile:

I think they called it “the Electric Telegraph” back then, but it was probably mostly used for sharing funny stories about kittens.

In you brief, this link is included:
timeanddate.com/countdown/to … sive&swk=1
… in case you were feeling a little too relaxed. :smiling_imp:

Yeah, I see that. I didn’t realize it was all based on London time. I just opened it an hour ago. Talk about having a deadline.

Haha don’t worry. I thought this was next weekend, and only opened my writer email on a complete whim, luckily.

1020 words down! Should be 1500+ by the time I finish what I want to say :slight_smile:

Done and sent.

Yeah, I’m still trying to put the scene together. I have 84 words so far. It’ll go fast once I figure out what’s going to happen. I’m only panicking a little.

I’ve got tea, pie, and four hours of sleep. Time to finish this baby up. I feel like I’m going to be brushing right up against the deadline at this point. Heavy lesbian subtext takes a lot of work.

Well… I have bad news for everyone. Piggy’s system is going to die. I just sent in my “final” version.

I would like to apologize for the poor editing. Voice consistency will have have Ahab, Hugh and anyone with a brain hating it (Vick and nomnomnom should be ok with it). I think the basic premise is good and it reads “right”. I’m just out of time.

I did produce something that I feel is true to my “vision” and the the NiaD spirit. I did not bail on my commitment to Piggy or the rest of you.

I hang my neck stump in shame.

I googled what tribes would have been there in the 1860s and got…well…I got a lesson in anthropology and natives politics…

Just curious if the White locals would have known the difference between the various tribes or just clumped them all under the semi-generic “Apache” or Yumi tribes. (In reality, there are about a dozen sub-sets and different minor tribes in that area)

They probably would have just called them Apache if they called them anything other than “Indians”