Novel-in-a-Day 5: Go Set A NiaD

Same here. I need a bunch of characters who I’m giving names to, including names for the two bank managers. I don’t mind sharing them, but short of any guidance from Rog on posting them here, I’ll leave it to him to sort out any conflicts at the end.

:slight_smile:

Mr X

Since people have been sharing playlists…

I’m currently listening to Willie Nelson “Live at Billy Bob’s, Fort Worth”.

Chances are, if I haven’t named 'em there’s minimal chance of a horrific conflict.

You’d think I’d learn from the year before. It never pays to jump right into the story and proceed to write with my chin resting on my chest and my eyes closed. Had to rewrite a few things since I couldn’t decipher them. Feeling the crunch with full schedule ahead today.

I’m thinking on a POV change. Hope I don’t get snagged in the last few lines and have to rewrite things. 06:07 AM here, waiting for the bar to open. Well, the coffee bar.

Has anyone mentioned which bank John Lacey kept his money in while he had it. Any problem if I go for First National Bank?

Mr X

Yet another question:

Am I allowed to “hurt” any of the involved persons during the chase of the Laceys - either from the Marshal’s crew or one of the Laceys (eg William)? A shotgun wound, a sprained ankle … anything?

Hurt, yes. But don’t “damage” named characters unless it’s listed.
So, hits, bruises, cuts, twist, sprains, flesh wounds, etc are fine. Broken bones, gut shots, major scars, or losses of blood should be avoided.

Basically, just the sort of injuries a Frontier hardened tough guy would just muscle on through if his life was in danger. :slight_smile:

Just as long as they aren’t wearing red clothing…

People are done ALREADY???

I’m only 900 words into a first draft…

Must.Type.Faster.

Hilarious - I was about to have a character use the word “logistics” only to find out it hasn’t been invented yet!

Not even there yet … just fleshed out my chapter scenes on the cork-board and about to start writing! Bit more research to do.

Mr X

LOL. I’m totally pantsing this…Just seeing where the chapter leads me…Might be a mistake, but…shrugs

Music…
Marty Robbins, Bob Wills, Rosie Flores, and all the other Texas Troubadours. There don’t seem to be a lot of Arizona Troubadours, though I am playing some from California, so on average…

No wait! Buck Owens, apparently (Bakersfield, AZ?). And Waylon! Who knew?

Hey you lot, quit posting spoilers!!
Some of us are (a) still writing and/or (b) gonna read this soon. :open_mouth:

:wink:

Nom - got your email and have just sent a reply. Let me know if it doesn’t come through in a timely fashion!

Mr. Pigmeister. This year I may pull the literary rabbit outta my hat. I may not be the last to submit my bit.

I think I know who I’m writing with this yes… Your superiority is assured.

Lies.

Back up out of bed, about to start my revisions. I hope to have you a usable file in an hour. Word count shows 3416, I hope this mess will take a polish well.

Play list: Pandora is shuffling these stations: The Wailing Jenny’s, 16 Horsepower, Bow Thayer, The James Gang, Little Axe, Slainte Mhath, and The Dropkick Murphys.

Hey all, it’s morning here, had my coffee, reading things over and I have a question. Can I burn a building down in my chapter?