Novel-in-a-Day 5: Go Set A NiaD

Halfway there. Gonna take snooze and get back on it tomorrow.

[size=150]IF ANYONE IS STRUGGLING WITH THIS / DOESN’T HAVE ACCESS TO A PROGRAM THAT CAN SHOW IMAGES IN AN RTF FILE, LET ME KNOW AND I"LL EMAIL YOU A COPY OF YOUR BRIEF IN PDF FORMAT.[/size]

Alright. About 1000 words done. Off to work now for a few hours to wash dishes (its 2.20pm here), then back into it for the final stretch. My piece is going to be in fairly contemporary language – cant to convincing western language – but hopefully that works out as a nice break in the story. Happy writing!

I don’t really know anything about “the west”. I’m not even American. Definitely contemporary language here too…

Whoa! Hold your horseys. I’m an Australian! (Just want to clear up any misunderstanding lest you think I am American.)

But good to know I’m not alone.

…yeah. American Girl, here. In fact, in May I went to New Mexico (only about 150 miles from fictional Flintwood)…lots of “old west” history that is rolling around somewhere…

Off to bed. About 1,100 words in, so I’m feeling good about where I’m at. :smiley: Night, all!

I live “the west” but I sure don’t know anything about 1867 Arizona territory. Just going with good old human interactions and emotions. I don’t think they’ve changed much in 150 years…
Got 1500+ words down. This is great fun. Nighty night.

I’m American. But live in Connecticut. At least I’ve read almost every book Elmer Kelton and Louis L’Amour have ever written and wrote a western for NaNoWriMo a couple years ago…

Now just working up to writing this chapter.

I found the PERFECT playlist to write this to. 8tracks.com/melsparrow/in-the-wild-west

Well… almost had to bow out, but at the last minute my gray matter capitulated. 1300 into the first half of the chapter. Calling it a night.

Calling it a night (nearly 1am here). Getting too old for this late night nonsense. :stuck_out_tongue:

See ya’ll in the (my) morning!

Sounds like a plan!

The email questions have dried up now… Looks like everyone’s either gone to bed or not got up yet so I’m going to go grab a quick couple of hours myself. Hopefully nothing urgent will come up in he meantime. If anyone does need anything, type really loudly and I might wake up! :smiley:

OK. First draft done. Now I just have to go back and put in all the expectoratin’. I think the aliens will probably take care of that, though. They and the elves don’t hold with a lot of spitting in their magic forest. It’s okay I put that in, isn’t it? You said extra characters were okay.

Okay if someone else is doing aliens and elves I’m totally putting in the UFO scene I wasn’t sure about.

I hate you all. :smiley:

Okay so its the first year trying to write with a daughter… NOT ONE WORD WRITTEN! I dont suppose it would be NIAD without me cutting it right to the wire… I’m blaming her!

Can I blame your daughter too? Please? :blush:

Although in my head the ‘Triceptacon’ battle section is pretty much done…

I’ve asked her… she’s fine with it… :laughing:

A western - awesome!
I never thought about writing one myself, so this is really cool!

I got two questions:

1. Does the Wells Fargo man riding into town to alert the Marshal have a name or do I need to call him “the Wells Fargo man”, which might become rather strange?

2. Does the Marshal knwo about the contents of the stolen cases and / or is the content of any importance (to the story).

Cheers and happy writing!!