Novel-in-a-Day 5: Go Set A NiaD

30 words in. Trying like the dickens to find my stride.

I’m placing odds on about 3/4 of all paragraphs.

It’s tripped up, though, if you add the spit can. :stuck_out_tongue:

If the chinese is out and we can’t add a spaceship I think someone could still throw in a “shiny” or two. :smiley:

I’m doing some research on Ben, and it looks like the kind of badge he would have worn might look something like this:
usmarshals.gov/history/badges/05.jpg

Here’s the source:
usmarshals.gov/history/badges/

(That sound about right? :p)

That’s a US Marshal’s badge.

A Town Marshal’s badge might look more like this:

It’s been drawn to my attention that if you open your briefing pack (which is an RTF file) in TextEdit then the images (floorpans, maps) don’t show up. If you open them in a full word processor like Pages or Word, or just drag the brief into the binder of a Scrivener project then you’ll see all the maps and images in all their intended glory.

You can point out the idiot… I’m ok with it.

Gots me a problem.

Sumsun us bens workin ons uns cloak-eel-I’sums.

Are you setting a readability standard for poor mr K?

Didn’t make 50 words before I realized … this ain’t no out loud readun book.

I’m swimming in ideas for my chapter but I’m going to take a walk to go buy some sweets (Pacific Timezone is great) before I write down a word. Can I use characters mentioned in other character’s bio’s but that don’t have a character bio themselves included in my brief?

Sure, but don’t kill 'em off or anything! And by all means invent as many additional people as you want. There’s a whole town full of people you can use. :slight_smile:

Cover = DONE

Hey, Rog -

The brief says there is a map of the five major points of interest in the town. My RTF document doesn’t have that graphic. I see that you posted the diargram of the jail. Have you also posted the map of Flintwood?

• nav66

Finished the BBQ now time for the writin…

If you open the RFT file in Pages or Word or something like that it’ll show the pictures. They should all be in there. Pure text editors (like TextEdit on the mac) will only show the text and strip out the images.

For speed and convenience, though, here it is:
Office Lens 20151014-215414.jpg

Jealous of the BBQ. Glad I don’t have to churn out a chapter myself though! :slight_smile:

Halfway there. Gonna take snooze and get back on it tomorrow.

[size=150]IF ANYONE IS STRUGGLING WITH THIS / DOESN’T HAVE ACCESS TO A PROGRAM THAT CAN SHOW IMAGES IN AN RTF FILE, LET ME KNOW AND I"LL EMAIL YOU A COPY OF YOUR BRIEF IN PDF FORMAT.[/size]

Alright. About 1000 words done. Off to work now for a few hours to wash dishes (its 2.20pm here), then back into it for the final stretch. My piece is going to be in fairly contemporary language – cant to convincing western language – but hopefully that works out as a nice break in the story. Happy writing!