Novel-in-a-Day 5: Go Set A NiaD

That’s two of your hours done! :astonished:

The betting pool: how many chapters in total will contain at least one character, major or minor, expectorating on dusty ground.

Just checked my e-mail and I see the information package! Going to open it now. Can’t wait to get started!

– nav66

Love the background info you include in the packet, Pigfender.

eyes words written Ahhhhhuuuummmmmmm… frantic rewriting

(on an aside…the only reason I remember what “expectorating” means is because of Disney. cheer!)

Well, all of them now, I imagine! :smiley:

Thanks! :smiley:

Do your characters swear in Chinese as well?

You give me something I understand and have a chance of doing “right” and I’m stuck trying to figure out how many rifles would have been a better choice than the ones you listed…

30 words in. Trying like the dickens to find my stride.

I’m placing odds on about 3/4 of all paragraphs.

It’s tripped up, though, if you add the spit can. :stuck_out_tongue:

If the chinese is out and we can’t add a spaceship I think someone could still throw in a “shiny” or two. :smiley:

I’m doing some research on Ben, and it looks like the kind of badge he would have worn might look something like this:
usmarshals.gov/history/badges/05.jpg

Here’s the source:
usmarshals.gov/history/badges/

(That sound about right? :p)

That’s a US Marshal’s badge.

A Town Marshal’s badge might look more like this:

It’s been drawn to my attention that if you open your briefing pack (which is an RTF file) in TextEdit then the images (floorpans, maps) don’t show up. If you open them in a full word processor like Pages or Word, or just drag the brief into the binder of a Scrivener project then you’ll see all the maps and images in all their intended glory.

You can point out the idiot… I’m ok with it.

Gots me a problem.

Sumsun us bens workin ons uns cloak-eel-I’sums.

Are you setting a readability standard for poor mr K?

Didn’t make 50 words before I realized … this ain’t no out loud readun book.

I’m swimming in ideas for my chapter but I’m going to take a walk to go buy some sweets (Pacific Timezone is great) before I write down a word. Can I use characters mentioned in other character’s bio’s but that don’t have a character bio themselves included in my brief?