Guess the Genre! NIAD 2015

It’s only 20 hours (less if you’re a fast writer)

That’s the best bit, no-one else gets to write your bit. Complete freedom.

But if you don’t wanna, you don’t wanna and that’s OK.

Awwww… what a lovely story. You writing the screen play to sell to Hallmark?

:smiling_imp:

Heck, I go our of my way to play poorly with others!

Yet Piggy still takes my chapter. Something is wrong with that hog…

I need to write more than that? :open_mouth:

A little back story… some side plots… Give it some moments of suspense.

Okay, chick lit aside (since I’ve been duly informed that it isn’t a proper genre), I’m goin’ for the gusto and choosing a highly suspenseful spy thriller - yup highly suspenseful spy thriller is my genre choice … I think … perhaps … if not then it’s gotta be a cozy mystery … NOT … oh, sigh … .

This year you have to write a Screenplay: My Life as a Navvy, starring, Oliver Reed wannabe, Fred Skunk.

I love my groove.

[i]I let it go.

It came back.[/i]

Therefore, it’s mine. QED

Everything you asked for, it’s all there. :unamused:

It’s not! It’s a target audience, not a genre (in my head, anyway). “Chick lit” tells me nothing about the Story, the Reality, or the Emotion of the book.
pigfender.com/index.php/2014 … s-a-genre/

Really?

You need a teenage daughter.
Story: sappy love triangle.
Reality: This one but where all the men are fit… ALL OF THEM … no matter what they really look like.
Emotions: Chick… all of them… all the time… with rapid unpredictable changes.

Wait… we are talking books, not conversations with my daughter. Never mind.

Wrong sort of vixen…

Can’t run wi’ tha’ one …wolfy, sorry! Your vixen looks awfully like the first cycle vixen on the left in my piccy.

I don’t believe that play is the intended activity. A duel to the deatd (per T’Pau) between the writing implements (pen, pencils, crayons, etc) and the clacking keyboards. So, no play will be had. :smiley:

Though I razz you about it all the time, Mr. Piggieness, I detest Chick lit. My first and only exposure to the non-genre turned my stomach to the degree that now, my digestive organ rides heels up at all times in the center of my being. Had I only been forewarned … .

Mostly, I write stuff set in a fairly specific historical period.

A part of my preparation is the do a bit of research, get an idea of the feel of the time and place.

This isn’t quite the same as genré, but some general warning of the setting would be useful.

Wolfy,
I’m sure you’ll se my point, when I point out that, should Rog (piggy) do that, 't would be like pulling his finger out of the hole in the dike wall. :wink:

Yup, what Vic said. If I’d told people a couple of years ago that the book was going to be set in Vegas in 1962 that might have given the game away somewhat.

You’ll do fine, and not knowing anything before hand means that you can do no preparation and be completely guilt free about it! :smiley:

It does make @novelinaday one of the most boring Twitter accounts on the planet, though. You should still follow it regardless; it’s good for my ego.

“Meanwhile, in Bavaria,”

Or … Stockport city centre during the binge-drinking hours of 7pm-3am. Now that is a scary scenario :open_mouth:

A shipping crate (with a convenient parachute) containing Arizona Coyotes, falls out of a plane into the Indian jungle. The plot is a hero’s journey as the alpha male and female have to form bonds with native jungle animals, offer protection, use their tricky minds, fight off the villain and make it to the deserts of Kazakhstan. Anthropomorphic good vs evil ensues, with a subtext comparing Hopi and Hindi philosophies. I am sure we could do it. For spice we could include a Coyote or two captured in East Los Angles who miss the easy living of city life. Did I guess it?