Novel-in-a-Day 5: Go Set A NiaD

He has Vick for that…

Written tonight, With Grace

Jaysen: Aye!

Nom: Aye aye, I enjoyed Grace. :smiley:

I’m kind of new to Lit&Latte, but I’d like to participate. One question I do have: I live in America, so should I use American English or British English to write my chapter? Would it matter very much?

Hi Corinne, and welcome to the forum! I’ve sent you a Direct Message with the next steps, but in the meantime…

Well, in past years we’ve asked everyone to write in British English. This has been one of the few constraints we’ve put on people’s style (the other being restrictions on PoV). Truth is, probably half the participants (maybe more, I’ve not checked :blush: ) are from outside of Britain.
Would it matter very much? Probably not. Worst case scenario we’ll just run your chapter through our dedicated machine which translates things to British English (that is to say, I’ll read it and correct the spelling of anything that has a red squiggly line under it).

The main thing to make you aware of as an overseas participant is that the event starts at midnight on Saturday UK time. So, in the US, that means it’ll actually kick off Friday afternoon (the exact time depending on your timezone).

AKA the rebel colonials WIN AGAIN!

Take that former imperial overlords!

Hey Mr. Pigfender! Count me in.

Hello! Hopping over from scribophile, I’d like to join in.

Aloha! I’ve also invaded via Scribophile, this sort of madness is right down my street!

Ryker, mayaraz, Raymond, Welcome to the forum! I’ve sent you all a Direct Message with the details of the next steps to complete the sign up process.

Didn’t you lose to the Canadians? I’m pretty sure we just let you win one after that.

Heck no! The Canadians are nice. We’d never fight with them. Their behavior in public is as un-vic-k-like as you can be while still be human and unlike Nomstrailians they don’t piddle on the carpet. While they do still have a picture of grandma on their money, we unruly colonials are ok with with it as they have pretty money.

Now those Nomstrailians… that lot is nothing but trouble.

1812? I mentioned it in an interview in a newspaper and everything, so it must be true.

To quote wikipedia

While you forced the Canadians to fight, it was with those brightly colored walking targets already once defeated that the war was fought :slight_smile:

The poor Canadians were just caught in the middle.

[size=60]For the purists among you, take a deep breath[/size]

We’re now 5 people into version 2 of the book!

You sure are free with those moderator privileges… :stuck_out_tongue:

11 posts on the subject of “what does midnight really mean” was a bit too much of an off topic and clearly a separate thread. :smiley:

Over from Scrib as well. Looked through the faq and would love to take part.

Thanks!

Another Scribophilian here! I read the FAQ and I’d like to give this a go :slight_smile:

Mr. PigFender, you give the phrase glutton-for-punishment new meaning.