Novel-in-a-Day 5: Go Set A NiaD

[b]A problem has been detected and pigfender has been shut down to prevent damage.

The problem seems to have been caused by the following file: GR.SYS

INVALID_REQUEST_RESOURCE_OVERLOAD

If this is the first time you have seen this stop error screen, restart your pigfender. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your software or hardware manufacturer for any pigfender updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.

If you need to use your pigfender in Safe Mode, make him a cup of tea, request Advanced Startup Options and select Safe Mode.

Technical Information:
*** STOP: 0x00000050 (0xFFE46600, 0x00FFE466, 0x000000FF, 0x00000000)
*** pigfender32k.sys - Address 8527DDAB base at 77700000, DateStamp 15226’652[/b]

Hey, everybody, I broke pigfender! :stuck_out_tongue:

And it looks like I now have access to all its subsystems. Gonna be one hell of a NIAD, friends. :smiling_imp:

Can y give numpt (Jaysen), a chapter now! He’s desperate t’ get goin’. Gammonguard, keeps taunting the poor buggar. :frowning:
'k you.
Vic

Well, there is a special sandboxed area in here marked ‘numpty dumpty’. Could that be it? Let’s see, it seems this chapter is to be told in 1st or deep 3rd person from the point of no view (POnV) of a certain unidentified character during a period of uninterrupted and dreamless sleep. That’s all it says. But I guess that says it all.

Sounds like an impotent narrator, t’ me.

I’m in.

Another naive, unsuspecting, innocent lamb to the slaughter … ah well … c’est la vie, eh?

M’ Lord, welcome aboard the sinking, stinking ship, Scrivener, floundering, adrift on the tempestuous seas of literary endeavour
Bon Chance,
Vic.

How could I let another year go by without making piggy stay up until five in the morning waiting for me to finish another poorly edited chapter? I’m in!

Evil Overlord, welcome to the forum! I’ve sent you a Direct Message with details on what happens next.

AmberV, yes, my personal suffering is one of the hidden benefits of the event for many. :confused: :smiley:

Thanks for the story, Evil Overlord. Welcome to NiaD!

If you have any questions, you can ask them here, on the email address in the Direct Message, or via the NiaD twitter account @novelinaday

Sign me in for another one…

Hey Jaype, DONE!

Me too, please! :slight_smile:

Not pigfender’s?

Apologies, nom. Somehow in the confusion with the "Where Jaysen tests the patience of Mr Piggy " thread, I missed your message.

Am grateful for it. Very.

Bestest

Briar Kit

Hey Siren, yes! I’ve added you to the list. :smiley:

That brings our tally to 25 people which seems like a nice point to look at some stats*:

• 3 of you are doing NiaD for the first time (welcome!)
  • Over half of you will have done at least three NiaDs by 18th October
  • A quarter of you will have done ALL FIVE NiaDs!

As well as being a nice round number, it also pushes us over the 24 chapters mark into our second book! Wonder how many versions we’ll have this year?

* - because stats always make things FUN.

I was pushing the limits of public acceptability as it was, and some… err… mental images are better left unexamined (so to speak).

You are most welcome and I’m glad to know I didn’t offend too much. I trust that you can respond with grace, courage and conviction to whatever ails you.

[size=85]P.S. Keep writing![/size]

Hmmm… ¼ of 25 is 6¼ . Who’s the ¼? Is this a commentary on personality, writing ability, or stature?
You’re right, stats are fun!

It’s using the Internationally Accepted Protocol[size=85][citation needed][/size] for degrees of accuracy and rounding in stated proportions.

Look, it was bang on 25.00000000% when I worked it out, but then DMJ signed up. :slight_smile:

No worries, didn’t offend at all. :open_mouth:

And I’ll spare you the details. :blush:

And thanks. :smiley:

He has Vick for that…