Novel-in-a-Day 5: Go Set A NiaD

Good.

For the record: I don’t disagree with the statement that 1500wds is doable. I think I sent you a few more than that :slight_smile:. But I think there is an idea that three people working on a 700wd limit to create a chapter for NAID may be the gateway for some folks. Maybe someone only has a few hours and would like a more complete outline with some specific direction to help them along.

Anyway, I’m just offering to help if anyone feels like trying it. I’ll still do the whole chapter myself. It was fun.

It’s supposed to be a challenge. Participants need to be comfortable and confident enough in their writing to produce a 1,500 word (or longer) edited draft to a brief in a single day. That’s the game, and our standard of entry.

Right, let’s move on.

I’m in. Woot, woot! Can’t wait to get the annual do-bob saying that I participated. :smiley:

You’re right about that, vic-k. Painful. That’s why I always recommend a rusty butter knife for the procedure. But, then, I’d not really want that to happen to our Mr.P. He designed those spiffy new Tees of which I have yet to acquire one. :smiley:

:open_mouth: WOT! Y’ don’t spread y’ butter with a rusty knife, d’ y’?!! Ughh!! No wonder we Brits gave you Yanks away in 1783.
Ahh well … c’est la vie … eh?

Anyway Montree, personal culinary habits notwithstanding, have yourself a brilliant, fun filled, challenging, yet fulfilling 17 Oct. :wink:
Take care
Vic

PS. Just remember though, you’re not competing with E L James … OK :confused: So you can leave out the gymnasticated fornication, and gratuitous sado-masochism. We’ve ‘all been there-done that-bought the T shirt’ … 's a bit passé now. :wink:
(Niad t shirt, :unamused: obviously)

Hmmm… Quiet crowd this year. Don’t tell me Jaysen’s scared you all off?

[size=200]BOO![/size]

School holidays :wink: Lots of folk will be on holidays with the kids.
[size=150]OR[/size]
They could all be typing away like the clapper of Hell, pretending you’ve given ‘em a chapter. Seeing if they can bash out 1500 words in a day. Y’ 'appy now? 8)

I’ve been mulling over whether to put my head over the parapet again … I’m not going to be in China this year, and I have no intention of slashing my hands up again … and you have done the Mafia one which was so not me …

So, with trepidation, I put my name forward again (but please, no EL James type scenes — I’m not Vic-K :smiley: — or ultraviolence, please, please …)

Mr X

Actually, vic-k, since I rarely eat at home, the silver drawer is full of rusting implements. I just figured the rusty butter knife would be better for the job than the rusty spoon. :smiley: :unamused:

Glad you’ll be there Mr. X.

Yup, I can confirm that this year’s genre will NOT be: quasi-horror detectives, near future sci fi, '60s mafia, or contemporary spy fiction.

As always, some of the chapters will lend thenselves more to violence than others (our so-called “grisly” scenes), but your preference is duly noted and will be accommodated. As for sex, well that’s never mandatory.

Welcome back! Keep your hands away from sharp things!

Also... Quick nod to another thread in the sub-forum: if anyone has screenshots of particularly beautiful ebooks, can they [url=http://literatureandlatte.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=32000]share them here[/url]? I'm refreshing the formatting this year and I'm not really an ebook connoisseur.

Just wear a pair of thick leather gloves, whilst typing. :wink:

So, Vic, since you relish it so much, why don’t you join in? Surely protesting in the nude doesn’t prevent you from holding an iPad and writing on that?

“Methinks thou dost protest too much!” (Sheikh-el-Kebir)

:laughing:

Mr X

Edited for additional line!

Ssshhhh! don’t tell everybody! :open_mouth: :blush:

Fraygirl24… I’ve added you to the list. Welcome to NiaD!

I just visited the current participant list and… :smiley:

Yup, that’s shaping up to be a pretty fine book! Just 6 more folks to complete the first book…!
Tell your writing friends! Let’s try and get three books done this year!

I am seeing the future: TrIAD — “Trilogy-in-a-Day”!

[b]A problem has been detected and pigfender has been shut down to prevent damage.

The problem seems to have been caused by the following file: GR.SYS

INVALID_REQUEST_RESOURCE_OVERLOAD

If this is the first time you have seen this stop error screen, restart your pigfender. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your software or hardware manufacturer for any pigfender updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.

If you need to use your pigfender in Safe Mode, make him a cup of tea, request Advanced Startup Options and select Safe Mode.

Technical Information:
*** STOP: 0x00000050 (0xFFE46600, 0x00FFE466, 0x000000FF, 0x00000000)
*** pigfender32k.sys - Address 8527DDAB base at 77700000, DateStamp 15226’652[/b]

Hey, everybody, I broke pigfender! :stuck_out_tongue:

And it looks like I now have access to all its subsystems. Gonna be one hell of a NIAD, friends. :smiling_imp:

Can y give numpt (Jaysen), a chapter now! He’s desperate t’ get goin’. Gammonguard, keeps taunting the poor buggar. :frowning:
'k you.
Vic