- This did not happen prior to 1.7.2.
- My "Windows performance index" is a good 6,7.
- The CPU is a AMD A5-5600k which is certainly quick enough for typing.
- Perhaps this is related to the spell checking issue I reported here? I base this idea on the observation that the CPU spikes are most heavy after pressing space when completing a words (when I assume the dictionary is referenced). In case it's relevant, I use the English (United Kingdom) dictionary.
- The bug is especially pronounced when typing in a table; the lag is less when typing normal text (but still there).
- Turning off the spell check feature does not stop the lag (at least not when the bug has already occurred); only after closing and restarting Scrivener the problem goes away temporarily.
- This problem occurs when typing in a single-document view, but might also happen with two-document view (I don't use that latter feature less).
- I could not find a specific cause of this bug; it happens infrequently (about once per 1-2 days).
If you need more information, let me know. Oh, and please respond.