Which Linux distro do you use for Scrivener?

Just installed Scrivener yesterday, and going through the tutorials.
I’m running Fedora 20.

I’m running it on Linux Mint, in the Mate environment. (On a lenovo T61) Worked like a champ all through NaNo, no problems to speak of during 50,000 words.

Linux Mint 17 64 bit.
linuxmint.com

Installed on SSD with bootable USB.
pendrivelinux.com/universal- … -as-1-2-3/

The first few weeks was a pain, getting printing, and brightness/contrast settings working on Gateway laptop NV55C (Acer). Finally liking it now.

So far so good with Scrivener. Color me impressed.

I just learned of Scrivener for the first time, and stoked that I could immediately download and try it on my primary machine, Linux Mint.

I found out about it from this article. LOL. :laughing:

pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2465125,00.asp

I run XUbuntu 13.04 and Fedora 12. I like Xubuntu because it’s much lighter weight. I run fedora on an Acer C710 Chromebook flashed with SeaBIOS because neither Ubuntu nor xubuntu recognize the trackpad.

Scrivener runs fine on both, with files synced through Dropbox, though spell checking doesn’t work under Fedora.

Hi all.

I’m new here, and just installed Scrivener on Lubuntu 14.04. Right now I’m starting the introductory tutorial. So far it’s working alright.

As a complete noob to linux, I have formatted my Acer netbook, got rid of Windows 7 starter because it was so slow, and now installed Linux mint, Cinammon edition and Scrivener to match. It runs a treat and will be kept just as is for distraction free writing. Never realised that Linux was so good, or so easy to install and use; although I suspect that is a fairly recent development.

I suppose that depends on how you define recent. I started using Linux in 2011 and it was incredibly easy to use and install back then. From what I’ve read it matured into its current state somewhere around 2007 and has only improved since.

Sabayon latest version with KDE, also latest version.

Deepin 2014.2 Desktop.

I’m running both the Linux Beta (Debian 1.7.2.3 64-bit) and the Windows 1.7.1.0 version under CrossOver (Codeweavers) v. 14.0.5. The CrossOver install went flawlessly, without any tweaking needed. The Linux Beta did require the libaspell-dev library to be installed before spelling correction worked properly.

I only tried the Windows version on CrossOver because it was available–I tried to install the Linux Beta version, only to discover that the version I had previously downloaded was expired. I was in a hurry to get the new Linux install up and running quickly and so installed the Windows version.

Both work seamlessly, with no lag in the Windows version compared to the Linux Beta.

Hello around and have a nice time.
English is not the tongue of my parents so sorry for some irritations.

Here we go:
I use Scrivener for Linux Beta 1.7.2.3 on a
Celeron CPU 2.40 GHz and it runs Linux Mint 13 Maya with Mate Desktop.
Scrivener works fine and also on a Win7 Laptop Thinkpad T400.
Installing was no big deal.
I transfer projects in both directions on a USB-Stick with no problems.
Irritation to me was the gap between what I see in Scriv. as I worked it out
and what I got in PDF or RTF or ODT.
There I do have to learn something :frowning:

I start to like it and to play with it.

As this is said I have two questions.
I have installed MultiMarkdown on Linux Mint but it seams not willing to work for me.
The message then is:

Could not convert to required format Unknown error. OK .<<

What Du You mean :
Is it possible for me as an NoTerminalExpert to make it working?
If yes, how can I do it?

If this is not the right place for these questions it’s OK to place this elsewhere or to split.

Wish to everybody who read this excellent writing experiences and
especially to everyone who give me an answer. Thanks.

Cordially
Til Peter

I use Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
Unity desktop
Working great so far.

Almost a haiku. :slight_smile:

Hai! Kewl!!

Archlinux

I will say that as of the 1st of April, the package was orphaned by the maintainer.

LUbuntu 14.10 on a Toshiba Satelite / Intel CeleronM 420 @1.6GHz / 2GB RAM

Installs normally using .deb package and works like charm.

Fedora 20 with MATE desktop (also tested it on a Fedora 19 and worked fine there as well)

I am using Arch and Ubuntu 14.04

Just installed Scrivener. So far no problems.
Does anyone have any experiences running screvener under wine ? Just to get the version 1.8.6 (latest and full version). What kind of functions is missing in the linus 1.7 beta ? And does anyone know when they will release a full Linux version ?

// trxtr

I have used it under WINE. It should work fine with a modern (read: 1.7 and above) version of it. With WINE you’re better off using the most current version because the devs are constantly fixing things and other regressions. (Most distro packages are horribly out of date. WINE is super-easy to compile yourself. If you’ve run it in the past, odds are good you’ve got all the dependencies for it. Your mileage may vary because some distros are stupid in that regard.)

Frankly, though, I haven’t needed any of the 1.8 features. I’d love Scapple integration with the Linux version, but that would require a Scapple port. :slight_smile:

Anyone have any suggestion as to why spell checking might not work under Fedora? On my other machine (running xubuntu), it works fine, and aspell is installed and spellchecking works in LibraOffice.

Thanks.

do you have libaspell-dev installed? I think that’s the one I always miss.