Novel-in-a-Day 4.0: Live Free or NiaD

don’t give help him inflate the ego…

Brilliant fun, awesome day. Would buy from again A+++

Thanks to Pigfender for a fantastic new writing experience. I am looking forward to reading both the books and examining the scriv file for insights.

Stay well, have fun and keep your goggles on.

This may have been a better find yesterday…

grammarly.com/blog/wp-conten … 70x350.png

Wonderful time! Really did enjoy the process & loved seeing the insides of how scrivener can be so productive for a writer.

Lots of things this newb learned from this experience:

Even though I tried to be vague & not assign too many past feelings & thoughts, I need to be even more careful/open to assigning motives to characters since obviously I don’t know how it ends. :smiley:

As others have said, I need to prepare to have more of my hours completely devoted to this project. No distractions. It’s only one day.
So that…
I can write, edit, rewrite, leave it alone, get another’s opinion, rewrite, edit & submit. And maybe get to edit again.

At any rate, this project showed how when the skeleton is in place, the actual writing part can be confined to a day for a chapter. I know, some were much longer than others, but seeing this in action made novel writing attainable-at least in my estimation.

Loved every minute. Thanks for letting me join in!

did I miss it?? I never got any notices, lol. O.O

Too, funny. Love your sense of humor. You are joking, right?

Is there life after NIAD?

Maybe you didn’t read the logline:

LIVE FREE OR NIAD

You made your choice.

-gr

Only in purple prose :frowning:

I’ve downloaded Blue&Red, and have nearly finished Red, Chapter 5. I’m impressed … very impressed. Impressed with the effort that Rog (piggy), has put into this year’s NIAD. Impressed with an overwhelming sense of camaraderie between the participants, and so far, impressed with the results. Very well done everyone. :wink: :smiley:
Take care
Vic

You actually read the fine print? :open_mouth:

I hope they make another Die Hard movie soon or I’m going to run out of titles for these things pretty quickly.

You could use the creative naming conventions of one of your other favourites: Rocky. :unamused:

Or how about the following?

You will, of course recognise the titles from Police Academy. :smiley:
Seems apt on so many levels… :wink:

Just a note to say thank you very much to Pigfender. I dread to think how much time this consumed for the poor organiser behind the scenes, but it was lots of fun for the participants, and I really enjoyed it (again). And now we have two books to read! I’ve finished Blue and enjoyed it, so will move on to Red this evening. Thank you for all the hard work.

The single hardest thing so far … the lack of metrics.

Piggy, how many downloads? anyone saying “blue is better”? Anyone suggesting you delete bl-cp10?

MY EGO NEEDS TO KNOW THESE THINGS!

The only metric I have to at the moment is that the page has had 213 visits.
I don’t know how many are unique visits.
I don’t know how many visits resulted in a download.
I don’t know how many times each download was shared.

Feedback on the book has been light. Feel free to go to the Section7 thread and leave some of your own! For that matter, feel free to do that for the other three books as well!

Thanks Siren! It’s certainly involved! Just think, back when I made this post on Sept 24th…
Screen Shot 2014-10-27 at 16.00.55.png
… I only had 1 word. That word was… “spy”.

Once you set a date next year, why not have a pre-event contest. Let everyone submit a suggested title for the the year’s event. Then, we can all vote on it. Or, you can choose.

While I’m on the subject of next year. Is there a way to subscribe to the NIAD forum so that there’s a notification of new posts? I nearly missed the event this year because I was thinking I’d get a notification once the date was determined. Just wondering.

I think you hit the right balance this year as far as information provided in the briefs. Do you do your own covers? They’re always awesome.

I’m nursing a migraine so I hope this makes sense.

It appears that, less my contribution, the book I’m in was cohesive. Maybe an indicator of “character already introduced” would be nice.

Ummmm … Read the forums frequently?

On the rare occasion I get over here during the year, uhm, nope.

Down the bottom of the forum “page”, there is a button “Subscribe to this forum”. Will that not do it for you?

:smiley:

Mr X

Of course, if your User Settings are set for it, you can get email notification to any thread you subscribe to (or posted to). Now all you need is a pre-existing thread that is sure to hot up when NIAD5 rolls into town. Like a locked and dedicated Announcements thread in the NIAD subforum.

Or you could just set yourself a calendar alert to check the forums when October rolls around.

-greg

P.S. I also caught the announcement incidentally, because I was checking the forums around that time – rather than getting a notice from any earlier