Novel-in-a-Day 4.0: Live Free or NiaD

Pigfender. For 2015, NIAD needs a Wiki entry. And yes, include the bit about your love of strong coffee.

Is there a conversion tool for Scrivener? I’d love to convert the project file into something I can open.

Funny that. Especially considering that we all just wrote a book based on your ideas.

Think about it.

Sadly I like my tea and coffee to be of distinctly average strength, all though I do drink an AWFUL lot of it.

I have no idea why the scrivener file wouldn’t open on Windows, but for some reason it wouldn’t. I’ve uploaded a new version (this one I have checked on a Windows machine), so you should be good to go!

Yes, NIAD needs a Wiki entry next year. :slight_smile: Or do you think it’s not notable enough? Surely once it reaches its fifth annual with multiple editions at the fourth it is? :unamused:

I’m afraid we wouldn’t meet the notability requirements

Mr. Pigfender. Got that line about strong tea from my brief. You know the part about, '… if after I die my entry on Wikipedia includes the line his love of strong tea was legendary I will consider my life well lived." But then that won’t be the only thing I misread in my brief.

Yep, should be tea and not coffee.

Don’t get me wrong, my love of tea is legendary… probably 15+ cups a day.

You’re a good man Mr. Pigfender. Caffeinated, but a good man.

don’t give help him inflate the ego…

Brilliant fun, awesome day. Would buy from again A+++

Thanks to Pigfender for a fantastic new writing experience. I am looking forward to reading both the books and examining the scriv file for insights.

Stay well, have fun and keep your goggles on.

This may have been a better find yesterday…

grammarly.com/blog/wp-conten … 70x350.png

Wonderful time! Really did enjoy the process & loved seeing the insides of how scrivener can be so productive for a writer.

Lots of things this newb learned from this experience:

Even though I tried to be vague & not assign too many past feelings & thoughts, I need to be even more careful/open to assigning motives to characters since obviously I don’t know how it ends. :smiley:

As others have said, I need to prepare to have more of my hours completely devoted to this project. No distractions. It’s only one day.
So that…
I can write, edit, rewrite, leave it alone, get another’s opinion, rewrite, edit & submit. And maybe get to edit again.

At any rate, this project showed how when the skeleton is in place, the actual writing part can be confined to a day for a chapter. I know, some were much longer than others, but seeing this in action made novel writing attainable-at least in my estimation.

Loved every minute. Thanks for letting me join in!

did I miss it?? I never got any notices, lol. O.O

Too, funny. Love your sense of humor. You are joking, right?

Is there life after NIAD?

Maybe you didn’t read the logline:

LIVE FREE OR NIAD

You made your choice.

-gr

Only in purple prose :frowning:

I’ve downloaded Blue&Red, and have nearly finished Red, Chapter 5. I’m impressed … very impressed. Impressed with the effort that Rog (piggy), has put into this year’s NIAD. Impressed with an overwhelming sense of camaraderie between the participants, and so far, impressed with the results. Very well done everyone. :wink: :smiley:
Take care
Vic

You actually read the fine print? :open_mouth:

I hope they make another Die Hard movie soon or I’m going to run out of titles for these things pretty quickly.

You could use the creative naming conventions of one of your other favourites: Rocky. :unamused:

Or how about the following?

You will, of course recognise the titles from Police Academy. :smiley:
Seems apt on so many levels… :wink: