Novel-in-a-Day 4.0: Live Free or NiaD

You are kidding right? I’ve just spent three hours producing 6 different versions and am 5 minutes away from going live.

And you want me to start again?

Your adoring legions demand all 33+ million versions or whatever. Plus the typos-only bonus pack!

No, it’s up to you. You’re better acquainted with what’s going on on your end.

Oh, and yes. In answer to your question. Just teasing.

I sent you a fixed copy too. Totally up to you, of course. :wink:

Everything is now live. GO READ.
You also have access to the scriv project so can tweak and compile to your satisfaction forever!

I’m in the BLUE copy, but my name is mispelled. Can I get that fixed, at least?

DONE.

Go sleep. We’ll read.
:mrgreen:

Thank you!

Oh my gosh, I’m so glad I’m not the only one. I’m reading the brief & notes out loud to one of my family & just groaned.

Well, I didn’t read it all, but I feel I may have missed the mark a bit. Bah!

I can’t open the project file. Could that be because I use the Windows version of scrivener? Please say it’s not so.

My glaring oopsie is probably an issue more for my ego than anything else. If you read the threads from previous years, you’ll there are a lot of oopsies found after the copy comes off the press. Yet, every year there’s been another event.

Sleep deeply, Mr. Pigfender. You know, I still have yet to find a meaning for the name [nvm think i found it].

I cannot open it in Windows Scrivener either… The weird thing is that there’re two .scrivx files inside the the .scriv folder. None of them opens…

It opens correctly in my Mac though…

I’m reminded of not being able to open the file last your. This was probably why. I think I didn’t feel like messing with it so didn’t follow up.

Quick note from a newbie: This has been a grand experience. I don’t know what was more fun: the writing of my section, or the reading of the finished product. I’ve made it up to my chapter in the Blue edition of Section7. Fabulous work by all the authors! Pleased to have been a part of it.

– nav66, S.R. Martin

My reading order plan is to read just the bookends around my chapter to see if I totally messed up the continuity. Then I’m just gonna read Jaysen’s chapter. :open_mouth:

[UPDATE:] Aw, crap, I targeted the wrong building! I guess it is a good thing I was not entrusted with any explosives in my chapter.* So, yeah, totally messed up the lead-in continuity. I also had our heroine find new resolve in my closing – only it turns out the next chapter is all about her coming to that resolve. Oops. My continuity rating just fell to zero.

–gr

• Ah, the hazards of writing Google/Wikipedia fiction! Google’s big pointy thing harpooned the middle of a T-intersection. So, its anyone’s guess which building. Oh wait, how about the big building with the grand entrance that opens out at the top of that T? Sadly, no.

Iowa, USA :confused:

Woah, now I’ve got two books to read. I’m a slow reader so I’ve got to wait and see how long it’ll take me. But I’m excited.

Such a great concept, pigfender. Thanks for letting me be part of it. Anf from what I’ve seen of the plot, I love it.

Well, flipping to page 1 now have a great Sunday everyone.

Try deleting whichever. scrivx file doesn’t match the name of the parent. scriv folder name while Scrivener is closed. Having two .scrivx files may be keeping you from opening the project.