Novel-in-a-Day 4.0: Live Free or NiaD

pigfender
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:46 pm Post

So there are still a handful of chapters outstanding. Given the slight delay in handing out the briefs, it's only fair that those who've had ridiculous issues today get the full benefit of the 24 hour period. The books will follow pretty quickly after then.

Hope you've all had a wonderful time today. Thanks for keeping me entertained.
There will be a separate post opened up for the books, and you can leave feedback on the book itself in there, but please leave any feedback on the event here in this thread - I'd love to read it and take on board a few more pieces of advice for when we do this next time.
"Some dice only have sixes." nom, 19 Oct 2013
"Piggy, I'm beginning to wonder if you are the best person to take advice from." Jaysen, 26 Sept 2014

http://www.pigfender.com | http://www.novelinaday.com

Jaysen
Platform: Mac + Windows

Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:53 pm Post

I spent more time cutting the brief into research parts than anything else. Offer a scriv pack option for losers like me.

More work for you. So feel free to reject it. Again.
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 26 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

mi
michaelbywater

Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:53 pm Post

Ha ha well screw the LOT of yez yer BASTIDS, I'm in LAST with TWO FLAMIGN TYPOS so stick THAT in yer pipe yer buncha GALAHS har har

(Drains stubby, pops another one, belches, sings verse of Waltzing What Was Her Flaming Name Again, falls into fire.)

PS Three typos if you include "flamign"

PPS What do you mean "research"? Eh? EH? Poofta. <hic>

KB
Site Admin
Platform: Mac

Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:55 pm Post

My only feedback, as I already said via email, is that I enjoyed it immensely once again, and really appreciate all the amazing effort you put into it, Mr Pigfender, and am loving watching it grow.

Thank you!
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

Jaysen

Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:57 pm Post

michaelbywater wrote:Ha ha well screw the LOT of yez yer BASTIDS, I'm in LAST with TWO FLAMIGN TYPOS so stick THAT in yer pipe yer buncha GALAHS har har

(Drains stubby, pops another one, belches, sings verse of Waltzing What Was Her Flaming Name Again, falls into fire.)

Pushing the hard stop a bit are you?

Wait. You're in. Shitshitshitshit. I sure hope there plenty of distance between us. Maybe a whole book would be enough.
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 26 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

r6d2

Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:03 pm Post

I finally finished and sent my chapter. Wow, it was an amazing experience again.
r6d2

Beware of realism when writing. Avoid the usual zoo inhabitants. Summon the unicorns and the tritons, and give them reality!
--Julio Cortázar

nom
Platform: Mac + iOS

Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:08 pm Post

Done. Dusted. Exhausted.
2,328 words.
Complete and utter NOMsense.

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:13 pm Post

Thanks for making this happen, Pigmund! As always, a reason to wake up at Oh Seven Hundred on a Saturday and stew miserably over not-enough-coffee until I finally feel too guilty over how late I am. The briefing was well done and the scenes were a lot of fun to write. I was also happy to discover that not one but two people in my chapter had suits of quality.

Never again, though, right? :D
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

gr

Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:24 pm Post

Had to run out the clock -- down to the minute.

My chapter feels like more of a hack than last year, but there were several fits of culture jumping and high-profile location/organization navigating to be done.* Or maybe it was the two hour packet delay. :|

Novel-in-a-2Day anyone? But what am I saying? That would be almost sane. Nahh.

gratitude for the op,
gr

* Wait, did I just imply that I already knew a lot more about the Mafia and gambling than <subject-not-yet-released>?
Last edited by gr on Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:28 am, edited 4 times in total.

gr

Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:25 pm Post

No nice suits in mine. But a real nice tan. :wink:

LAP
Platform: Windows

Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:29 pm Post

Thanks be the mental subdivision called 'PigFender'.

I enjoyed it once again. You truly are amazing and I'm in awe as to how you actually manage all this and continue to seek increased pain year on year - did you practice self harm as a child? Just curious.

Thanks Rog,

Lee

r6d2

Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:29 pm Post

pigfender wrote:POP QUIZ:
What are you going to do first after the books are made available?
a) Immediately turn to and read your own chapter. Twice.
b) Work out which book you're in and sit down and start reading it, like a book.
c) Immediately turn to and read the duplicate of your chapter by the other person. Twice.
d) Ignore those, head straight to the .scriv file, to read other people's briefs.

c), b), in that order for sure!
r6d2

Beware of realism when writing. Avoid the usual zoo inhabitants. Summon the unicorns and the tritons, and give them reality!
--Julio Cortázar

Ye
Yellowcake
Platform: Mac

Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:33 pm Post

three cheers for Mr Piggy .. hip-hip ...

Thanks for the opportunity mate, had a blast ;-)

Yellowcake -
apparently a radioactive roo chaser
aka AL

r6d2

Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:43 pm Post

gr wrote:No nice suits in mine. But a real nice tan. :wink:

Nice boobs, anybody? :mrgreen:
r6d2

--Julio Cortázar

r6d2

Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:46 pm Post

KB wrote:My only feedback, as I already said via email, is that I enjoyed it immensely once again, and really appreciate all the amazing effort you put into it, Mr Pigfender, and am loving watching it grow.

Thank you!

I cannot but concur on this one. Thanks, pigfender!
r6d2

--Julio Cortázar