Novel-in-a-Day 4.0: Live Free or NiaD

PLUS thanks Pigfender - damn good work sir!

So there are still a handful of chapters outstanding. Given the slight delay in handing out the briefs, it’s only fair that those who’ve had ridiculous issues today get the full benefit of the 24 hour period. The books will follow pretty quickly after then.

Hope you’ve all had a wonderful time today. Thanks for keeping me entertained.
There will be a separate post opened up for the books, and you can leave feedback on the book itself in there, but please leave any feedback on the event here in this thread - I’d love to read it and take on board a few more pieces of advice for when we do this next time.

I spent more time cutting the brief into research parts than anything else. Offer a scriv pack option for losers like me.

More work for you. So feel free to reject it. Again.

Ha ha well screw the LOT of yez yer BASTIDS, I’m in LAST with TWO FLAMIGN TYPOS so stick THAT in yer pipe yer buncha GALAHS har har

(Drains stubby, pops another one, belches, sings verse of Waltzing What Was Her Flaming Name Again, falls into fire.)

PS Three typos if you include “flamign”

PPS What do you mean “research”? Eh? EH? Poofta.

My only feedback, as I already said via email, is that I enjoyed it immensely once again, and really appreciate all the amazing effort you put into it, Mr Pigfender, and am loving watching it grow.

Thank you!

Pushing the hard stop a bit are you?

Wait. You’re in. Shitshitshitshit. I sure hope there plenty of distance between us. Maybe a whole book would be enough.

I finally finished and sent my chapter. Wow, it was an amazing experience again.

Done. Dusted. Exhausted.
2,328 words.

Thanks for making this happen, Pigmund! As always, a reason to wake up at Oh Seven Hundred on a Saturday and stew miserably over not-enough-coffee until I finally feel too guilty over how late I am. The briefing was well done and the scenes were a lot of fun to write. I was also happy to discover that not one but two people in my chapter had suits of quality.

Never again, though, right? :smiley:

Had to run out the clock – down to the minute.

My chapter feels like more of a hack than last year, but there were several fits of culture jumping and high-profile location/organization navigating to be done.* Or maybe it was the two hour packet delay. :neutral_face:

Novel-in-a-2Day anyone? But what am I saying? That would be almost sane. Nahh.

gratitude for the op,
gr

• Wait, did I just imply that I already knew a lot more about the Mafia and gambling than ?

No nice suits in mine. But a real nice tan. :wink:

Thanks be the mental subdivision called ‘PigFender’.

I enjoyed it once again. You truly are amazing and I’m in awe as to how you actually manage all this and continue to seek increased pain year on year - did you practice self harm as a child? Just curious.

Thanks Rog,

Lee

c), b), in that order for sure!

three cheers for Mr Piggy … hip-hip …

Thanks for the opportunity mate, had a blast :wink:

Yellowcake -
apparently a radioactive roo chaser
aka AL

Nice boobs, anybody? :mrgreen:

I cannot but concur on this one. [size=150]Thanks, pigfender![/size]

Time for a rootbeer float.

Enjoyed tremendously. Hip, Hip, Hurray and all that. Another fine job, Mr. Pigfender.

I’m tossing up between one of two options:

C) read the opposing chapter immediately and then cry at my pathetic comparison; or
Not C) not read it first, not read it second, never ever read it at all

And as for reading my chapter… I have never looked at my chapter in the completed book. I read the entire thing cover to cover last year on the Sunday, but skipped my bit in the process.

Anyway, thanks and congratulations again Rog. Looking forward to seeing the full story.

i don’t have any feedback because you run this thing like a well-oiled machine these days. For some reason I found my chapter an intolerable hard slog compared with other years, which seems odd to me, because on the surface it sounded easier perhaps than some of the others.

I think my feedback will be for me instead: keep the whole day clear, don’t leave work at 2am the night before… My brain thinks writing is a morning activity and programming a night activity… The creative bit clocks off by early afternoon.

Matt

Wait and see. Recall that I needed to find pants…

You too :wink: