pe
pete340

Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:11 pm Post

3050 words. 9 minutes late.
-- Pete Image

robertdguthrie
Platform: Mac

Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:15 pm Post

Rog: I'm running a bit late, and maybe a little longish. I just finished my first draft, so it looks like I'll be taking another 30 to 45 minutes to do some light editing and call it done. Sorry in advance if it's a bit rough.
Often wrong, rarely in doubt.
Time for a change... I'm now rdale; same dog-avatar, same dog... channel?

Ap
Apsley
Platform: Windows

Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:17 pm Post

Ok, done. More than 1500 in what I can only hope passes for English. I get why there's only one of these a year, it's exhausting.
Anyway, thank you, Jaysen and Montree_Wiles (sorry if I didn't get you name right), for pointing me to the clock before, I was really not able to look for it; and I suppose I'll fool myself into thinking it was actually fun, so I'll probable see you next year.

Jaysen
Platform: Mac + Windows

Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:21 pm Post

Just thinking for a minute. We all dribbled out a chapter. Piggy has to read them all. And this year there are two books. TWO BOOKS. With folks like KB and me writing two chapters each that's a LOT of reading. A LOT of BAD reading.

Poor piggy.
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 26 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

Daurmith

Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:23 pm Post

That's why I wonder that NIAD comes again each year! I'd be dead first time. Or you'll all be dead, I don't know. Kudos to Rog: that's a real tour de force he's set himself for!

ETA: never said, but my 2185 words have been sent and now, of course, I'm dreading they're not good enough.
Last edited by Daurmith on Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ye
Yellowcake

Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:24 pm Post

Mornin all. What a rush. Piggy got my chapter and then I fell into a scrivener induced coma.

Not sure if the answer is still needed but for those pants... We know them as 'daks' or 'trackie daks'

Jaysen

Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:29 pm Post

Yellowcake wrote:Not sure if the answer is still needed but for those pants... We know them as 'daks' or 'trackie daks'

I knew it was something like that. Oh well. Too late.
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 26 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

Ye
Yellowcake

Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:31 pm Post

theonlygolux wrote:I'm in, just under 3k. Couldn't get the ocean, poodles, a HAW or a biplane in. Not without forcing it anyway...

Don't worry mate. I got the poodles covered

RaineyCloud9

Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:20 pm Post

Well, that was much more exhausting than I anticipated.
I think next year, if I'm still around and able, I should do all my writing the during the night I get the brief and edit all the next morning. That probably would have been a much better plan. I didn't get to half of the notes I made last night for the scenes. Real life on Saturdays are distracting!

Pe
Peytonic

Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:25 pm Post

Done!
I'm not sure why why only 1,720 words took me that long.
I think next year I'm using my vacation days for this event. That way I can give it the attention it deserves. :twisted:
"The Dude abides."

homeport

Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:27 pm Post

I started later then I had planned, but the chapter was quite different to any I have done before oh well is done now :)
"The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

Montree_Whiles

Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:28 pm Post

The phrase "off-shored," is the same as the AmEng, "out-sourced," right?
“Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwards.”
—Robert A. Heinlein

Jaysen

Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:34 pm Post

Montree_Whiles wrote:The phrase "off-shored," is the same as the AmEng, "out-sourced," right?

Yes. Current corp Lang uses off shore to hide the "out" aka loss, of jobs.
Jaysen

Ye
Yellowcake

Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:39 pm Post

RaineyCloud9 wrote:Well, that was much more exhausting than I anticipated.
I think next year, if I'm still around and able, I should do all my writing the during the night I get the brief and edit all the next morning. That probably would have been a much better plan. I didn't get to half of the notes I made last night for the scenes. Real life on Saturdays are distracting!

Wow. You guys did notes n everything.

Looks at burnt pants lying on the floor

Jaysen

Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:44 pm Post

Notes is relative. I took a bunch because I planned to sleep before writing. Had I been on roo chasing time I'd have just vomited it all into scriv and cut away.

Not quite true. I would have cut the brief up into chunks to sort my stream of mind bile intimate something resembling piggy's plan.
Jaysen