Novel-in-a-Day 4.0: Live Free or NiaD

Just tell her you are procrastinating.

Done! Argh, I’m rusty, this took longer than I thought.

Okay, now for the last-minute-panic-induced last read and to hit the send button (No! Not the send button! NnnnnoooooOOOOOOO!)

pjs
leggings
jogging bottoms
lounge pants
tracksuit
loungewear
jammies

can’t think or search anything else

Private browsing is your friend.

sweats, although that might be more American.

That doesn’t help when the wife is reading over your shoulder …

I’ll let piggy deal with de-'merican-ing my chapter.

Where’s the daughditor? Surely she’d be present for your first NIAD. College is no excuse, if that’s when she’s galloped off to.

3000 words. After a lunch break I hope I’ll have enough time to make it shorter.

Just emailed mine off…

For the first 3 NIADs, I started work right on 10am (I have the best time zone for NIAD) and had finished the first draft by around 1-2pm…

This time, started at 4pm, submitting at 4am.

Thanks again to piggy for his story, management, email sys admin recovery skills, handholding through my above-usual amount of whining, etc.

Good luck to everyone who still has some way to go.

I’ll check in to see how you all went tomorrow!

Matt

Anyone know of an online app that will scan copy for UK English usage? Otherwise I’ll leave well enough alone.

Just replace all your American “z” with “s” and put the “u” back in colour where it belongs and you’ll be fine.

Even the poms send people to jail rather than gaol these days.

Matt

PS - I can say Pom coz I’ve been called a roo catcher all afternoon :slight_smile:

Just sent my scene in as well. A bit nervous about it since I’m so very out of my element!

A little over 2k words, proofreading now.

Pajama bottoms, really? Sweat pants for our girl.

Uni. 1.2K mi away. Doesn’t even know I’m doing it. I’ll catch hell for it.

Thanks, matt. Looks like I’m all set. :confused:

On a not so serious note, I’m amused by some of the ethnic banter here. You’d think we were all being stirrd in a frickin’ melting pot or something. :wink:

stopped at 4k.

Lots of edit on the fly. Will print and edit again. then will start over.

Sheesh. Looks like I’ll have to dip into the PTO pool again so I can get through your bit and everyone else’s. 4K really? :smiley: Must have fuel and oxy in line with your fingers in the keyboard.

I’m all done, PF! Just submitted my Scriv file to you. Thanks for letting me participate!

– nav66

Okay. I finally sent it. My daughter didn’t look it over (brat), so no second eyes. I was totally out of my element on this, but enjoyed it. I watched The Blacklist the other night, so that helped. LOL.

I can’t wait to see how it all comes together. :smiley:

Thanks for all of your hard work and dedication, pigfender. :smiley:

That’s on my TBW list. Is it pretty good?