Novel-in-a-Day 4.0: Live Free or NiaD

Montree_Whiles
Platform: Windows

Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:46 pm Post

Jaysen wrote:naked woman needs pants. Just sitting prior to bed. the cheep night wear type. What are they called in the UK.

Then there's the old standby, jamma bottoms.

Just an aside, previous liaisons have had that sort of thing sorted out after the first encounter.

On another note. I finally got a clue. Created a scrivener project just for NIAD. How do I drag the brief file into scrivener? Is it possible to drag the files sent by our illustrious PF from previous years into scrivener as well. Now that it's asked, I can get back to writing. Been nagging me.
Last edited by Montree_Whiles on Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwards.”
—Robert A. Heinlein

Jaysen
Platform: Mac + Windows

Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:50 pm Post

Y'alls reading too much into this. I'm not adding to the story. Just making it … mine. :twisted:

I have all kinds of words, but being a 40yr old 'merican man, I suspect that I do not have the right level of 'phistication in my word choice.

Looks like I need to go find a victoria's secret catalog. That will cause problems should the wife find me looking at that...
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 26 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

Foxtrot
Platform: Mac

Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:54 pm Post

Jaysen wrote:
Looks like I need to go find a victoria's secret catalog. That will cause problems should the wife find me looking at that...

Just tell her you are procrastinating.

Daurmith

Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:57 pm Post

Done! Argh, I'm rusty, this took longer than I thought.

Okay, now for the last-minute-panic-induced last read and to hit the send button (No! Not the send button! NnnnnoooooOOOOOOO!)

homeport

Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:03 pm Post

Jaysen wrote:What would the main cal the pants. Not yoga pant, but something you'd get from a department store.

The wife uses them for pj bottoms. Same purpose but I don't see this person using that phrase.

pjs
leggings
jogging bottoms
lounge pants
tracksuit
loungewear
jammies

can't think or search anything else
"The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

pe
pete340

Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:11 pm Post

Jaysen wrote:Y'alls reading too much into this. I'm not adding to the story. Just making it … mine. :twisted:

I have all kinds of words, but being a 40yr old 'merican man, I suspect that I do not have the right level of 'phistication in my word choice.

Private browsing is your friend.
-- Pete Image

pe
pete340

Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:12 pm Post

homeport wrote:
Jaysen wrote:What would the main cal the pants. Not yoga pant, but something you'd get from a department store.

The wife uses them for pj bottoms. Same purpose but I don't see this person using that phrase.

pjs
leggings
jogging bottoms
lounge pants
tracksuit
loungewear
jammies

can't think or search anything else

sweats, although that might be more American.
-- Pete Image

Jaysen
Platform: Mac + Windows

Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:18 pm Post

pete340 wrote:
Jaysen wrote:Y'alls reading too much into this. I'm not adding to the story. Just making it … mine. :twisted:

Private browsing is your friend.

That doesn't help when the wife is reading over your shoulder …

I'll let piggy deal with de-'merican-ing my chapter.
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 26 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

ma
matt

Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:40 pm Post

Jaysen wrote:That doesn't help when the wife is reading over your shoulder …

Where's the daughditor? Surely she'd be present for your first NIAD. College is no excuse, if that's when she's galloped off to.
Matt Tobin
Developer of Aeon Timeline
http://www.scribblecode.com/

Hey, look, I've added a signature. Such is my marketing genius.

pe
pete340

Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:46 pm Post

3000 words. After a lunch break I hope I'll have enough time to make it shorter.
-- Pete Image

ma
matt

Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:03 pm Post

Just emailed mine off...

For the first 3 NIADs, I started work right on 10am (I have the best time zone for NIAD) and had finished the first draft by around 1-2pm...

This time, started at 4pm, submitting at 4am.

Thanks again to piggy for his story, management, email sys admin recovery skills, handholding through my above-usual amount of whining, etc.

Good luck to everyone who still has some way to go.

I'll check in to see how you all went tomorrow!

Matt
Matt Tobin

Montree_Whiles

Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:07 pm Post

Anyone know of an online app that will scan copy for UK English usage? Otherwise I'll leave well enough alone.
“Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwards.”
—Robert A. Heinlein

ma
matt

Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:11 pm Post

Montree_Whiles wrote:Anyone know of an online app that will scan copy for UK English usage? Otherwise I'll leave well enough alone.

Just replace all your American "z" with "s" and put the "u" back in colour where it belongs and you'll be fine.

Even the poms send people to jail rather than gaol these days.

Matt

PS - I can say Pom coz I've been called a roo catcher all afternoon :-)
Matt Tobin

eu
eurasianflavour

Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:11 pm Post

Just sent my scene in as well. A bit nervous about it since I'm so very out of my element!

El
ElleDechene

Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm Post

A little over 2k words, proofreading now.

Pajama bottoms, really? Sweat pants for our girl.