Novel-in-a-Day 4.0: Live Free or NiaD

Itā€™s not easy being uncounted. :frowning:

Was going to email about a location brief, then thought to Google it: turns out itā€™s a real place (who knew!?). No need for the email.

But the panic? Taking longer to subside this year. In previous years I didnā€™t know what to expect, so maybe I panicked earlier. This year, maybe because I was more confident coming in, I forgot about the mind-numbing "I donā€™t know anything about <>ā€. Should have re-read Mattā€™s post from 2013.

Where is Matt? Should we be worried?

Could be worse. Couple be counted entirely, utterly, alone. A perpetual oneā€¦ literatureandlatte.com/forum/vie ā€¦ 10#p187018
:blush:

oh my. read the brief. reread it. the mind is totally blank.

Take a walk. Have a cup of tea.

MY COMPUTER JUST CRASHED! All I was doing was researching locations. :frowning:

I donā€™t know whatā€™s wrong today, but my computer has been getting progressively less stable all week. Getting frustrated and a little concerned.

Pigfender, Iā€™m very sorry. Will you release my computer now?

Did you upgrade your computer directly before facing an Important Deadline? :confused:

Excuses like this are a poor cover. Very poor.

Thanks for suggesting it though. Iā€™ll go hit yosemite then load the brief into scriv and ā€¦

I just figured out the problem. Iā€™ve not cracked the sushi tray yet. Think Iā€™ll do that then pack up the laptop and head to somewhere else with wifi. The only places that donā€™t shut down by 11P are the grocery and the local bars.

No. Deliberately postponing Yosemite upgrade until after NIAD.
Console indicates Safari was the last to log anything prior to the system hanging (something about a missing semicolon and XML - sometimes I understand the log, this isnā€™t one of those times). Had enough experience to know that the last logged message is not necessarily related to the cause - Iā€™ve had hangs that crash system before anything can get logged.

Great excuse to procrastinate though, so thereā€™s some upsideā€¦ :unamused:

The one thing that I find to be perfect for ā€œgetting things startedā€ is a nap. It is 11p ET and it would be better for me to go to bed than stare at the screen. Iā€™ll make sure I have a pad and pen handy as I know iā€™ll wake up with an idea. In the morning Iā€™ll be rested and ready to go before the coffee makes it to the pot.

Donā€™t stress about this. The worst thing that happens is piggy doesnā€™t get to edit. The best is that you are a superstar.

I wonder if MA or LD ever stared at a blank and walked away. Iā€™m sure the little chapel roof and the boards behind Mona Lisa were just as blank as the outline. Look how those turned out.

Run a memory test suite. I think apple shipped one with the last OS. If it finds anything wrong you donā€™t want to do too much before you replace the RAM in your system.

Thatā€™s worse case. Iā€™m probably wrong.

Hmmm. At 22:00 if I go to bed now, Iā€™ll wake up and have probably six hours to pork out the chapter. Though Iā€™ll probably sleep in for the first time in ages, leaving only perhaps an hour to get my chapter done. Hmmmm.

The sushi is great, btw.

Itā€™s 1500 words. Figure 75wpm and you are looking at 10minutes. That leaves you 50 minutes for editing. You seem like an intelligent person. Iā€™m guessing that 20hrs is more than enough for your brain to churn out a decent 1500 word short story.

Remember that KB wrote scrivener. Heā€™s an over achiever. His 5K words are ā€¦ he wrote scrivener. Just get 1500. Youā€™ll be fine.

Well if I look at it like that, itā€™s doable. At least I donā€™t have to write scrivener. Weā€™d be here a re generations.

This public versus private school thingy or the city versus City stuff make so little sense to me in regards to their relevance on my brief that it makes me wonder if Iā€™m actually understanding anything about the storyā€¦ :confused:

Nothing to do with the story, r6d2, their just on the character sheets to give (unnecessary?) colour and background to the players!

For those keeping count, I have now been awake for 24 hours.

I hope we arenā€™t judged on accuracy because I am pantsing the hell out of this scene with no time for research (itā€™s way past my bedtime).

I have two scenes (likely will spawn a 3rd, as they do) planned and ready to go. Itā€™s 11pm here, and I need my beauty sleep. Catch you all in a few hours.