Novel-in-a-Day 4.0: Live Free or NiaD

Dear Foxtrot,

I read your earlier post and, although I know longer recall all the specifics, I am confident it was not offensive (partly because I no longer recall all the specifics - offensive posts stick out*). I am also confident — based on my knowledge of Jaysen along with my hazy recollection of your post — that Jaysen was not intending to suggest that your post was offensive. I strongly suspect that, being someone who enjoys word play and story, Jaysen was alluding to alternate interpretations of some of the words in your post and found it difficult not to explore them publicly without crossing the bad-taste line himself. I thought the request he directed to you was a gentle way of pointing out those alternate meanings while simultaneously making fun of the difficulty he (and others, including me) have staying on topic after a post prompts such word play.

I have absolutely no doubt that Jaysen will correct me if I have misrepresented him and his intentions.

In short: don’t worry. Your post was fine. Looking forward to writing another novel with you. :smiley:

Cheers,
nom

[size=85]*that’s part of the reason for online trolls[/size]

Darn it Nam, you are 100% right.

Foxtrot, I found the closing phrase “should rot in hell forever” (or something similar) too tempting to avoid. In my attempts at humor I realized that you may have a personal attachment to the case mentioned and my jest would likely be offensive to you. Please accept my apologies for the confusion I created.

I will now hang my head in shame and drown my sorrows in highly caffeinated and sugary beverages.

Oh good, #32 is working already…

Note: Waiting until Saturday is not a plan because Saturday will happen regardless. A plan needs action. If I intended to use a time machine to get to Saturday and then return, that would be a plan (actually, it was plan #13, but it turns out time machines are incredibly expensive and only work one way - just like regular time*). However, if plan #32 fails, I’m not going to divulge plan #33 to you before it is implemented. I watched Road Runner, I saw what Wile E. Coyote did wrong.

[size=85]*As a result of this observation, I derived a whole new theory about education from plan #13. It makes sense.[/size]

Great quote for an epigraph! :exclamation:

Thanks for the reminder. I nearly forgot to down my cuppa this morning. First day of no work. Day two tomorrow. There’s every likelihood I will be less late than in previous years. I’m even gonna cut my clay time short.

There is no need for apologies, I simply couldn’t understand what had caused offence.

I do not have any personal attachment to the case but it was local and whilst I only moved here a couple of years later I am aware of the effects it had on the families and friends of the two young girls. Feelings against the murderer still run high especially as he becomes eligible for parole in 2016.

Okay, we’re just 24 hours away from NiaD 4.0!

I’ve got a silly hectic day of getting the chapters assigned and the briefing packs prepared, so NO MORE PARTICIPANTS from this point onwards, sorry.

I’ve got the credit names and email addresses from almost all of you now, so thanks very much! There are a handful of stragglers left so please… Check your forum messages and get back to me! :slight_smile:

Thanks all. See you in just under a day! :smiley:

For the more viz folks like myself. . .

Aspall Cyder would be more effective for that, it seems.

:laughing:

Mr X

Aaaarrggh!
So says a scurvy pirate.
:blush: Many apologies for causing more havoc than not. So looking forward to reading this year’s work. Best wishes & hope to join next year!
p.s. Now I know that PMs stay in outbox if inbox sending to is full. -I think you mentioned this earlier- :laughing:

N’ah, you’re in. BUT THAT’S DEFINITELY IT.

Less than 18 hours to go.
It feels almost like Christmas, waiting for my chapter briefing.
And yes, I know I sound like a noob when I say that.

Spoiler alert:

Humans are all being used as batteries.

I am prepared to concede at this stage that there are indeed humans featured in the plot.

That’s all I can say at this point.

Yippee! So excited to rip something open, too!

I admit this is more suspenseful than I expected when I signed up. I’ll set the alarm clock for the middle of the night. :smiley:

Imagine how I feel right now!

Not me. I get to set my alarm for 6pm. But then I am the token Iowan. I feel so special. :unamused:

I’m probably going to start writing in a panicked frenzy at about a few hours before the deadline.
I find that stress is a very effective muse.

Wuss. Why not use a human-less plot? Forbid anthropomorphizing and find a simple creature like … sea urchins. Then you will have a simple character and plot which will require true art from the writer.

Here, let me do the whole character chart and plot for you.

“NaiD4 - Sea Urchin”
Characters
wftgy - sea urchin, unscarred, average size, eats regularly
xcvbn - sea urchin, unscarred, average size, eats regularly
poiku - sea urchin, unscarred, average size, eats regularly
ggggg - sea urchin, unscarred, average size, eats regularly

plot
chapter 1 – all sea urchins search for food
chapter 2 – all sea urchins search for food
chapter 3 – all sea urchins search for food
chapter 4 – all sea urchins search for food
chapter 5 – all sea urchins search for food