Novel-in-a-Day 4.0: Live Free or NiaD

Oh go on then, can I join in too please?

I have a blog, though have rather neglected it while I’ve been posting entries on Prosebox and EWSentinel following the demise of Open Diary.

My blog is here: 19516theelusivebaby.wordpress.com

If I’m accepted, could I please ask to not to be given any scenes of death and destruction to write? Thank you!

And I only have Word 2010 and not Scrivener, so hope that will be OK.

Don’t worry, those are already taken :laughing:

A great chance to download the trial! :wink:

Hey there all!
EmmaLindhagen, Library Lil, Apsley, thanks for you submissions! Welcome to NiaD!

The rest of you, check your forum messages for the next steps (including the best way to get me a sample of your fine work!). :slight_smile:

Library Lil - no death and destruction. Right. Noted.
Yes, submitting your chapter in RTF / DOC is fine. The only drawback for you will be that you won’t be able to look at the Scrivener project after the fact to see what everyone else’s brief was or how we put the book together. If your interested in that, as R6D2 suggests you can always avail yourself of the free trial after the event when you’ve got a file you can play with… or play around with last year’s project* before then if you can’t wait!

• last year’s project will be a simpler one than this year’s by virtue of the fact that we’re doing two version of the same story this year!

Oh gosh, would love to participate, am I too late to sign up? Been getting psyched for NaNo!

Hi Allicrombie! No, not too late (although we are getting to the stage where we either need only 2 more or we need 26!).

Check your forum messages on the next steps!

So, any folks living in Texas on board? Anyone from California? Where does everyone Hail from?

Latitude 33º South here. Anyone closer than me to the south pole?

Hmm … well where do you hail from? USA, it seems … so is it Texas or California, or somewhere else completely? We have a fair number of Portlanders!

I actually wish everyone would give a more precise statement of location because it interests me, but I understand that some people want to preserve their privacy. On the other hand, if I saw someone in a coffee-shop in Chiswick working on a Scrivener project, I would be tempted to go up to them and ask, “You’re not Monkquijote, by any chance are you?” … but they might not like it, so I’d hesitate.

So … as you can see on my posts that I am “London or Exeter when not in Xiamen”. Actually, I’ve opted out of NiaD again this year as I’m back in Xiamen with hundreds of people to see and so couldn’t guarantee to be able to complete. Perhaps I should say “West London or Exeter …”

:slight_smile:

Mr X

Edited to remove idiocies!

Oh! Can I play? Love to join this group.
Sending you a wip straight away.

UK Dorset :slight_smile:

Thanks to everyone who has sent me samples! I’ve got one of those days at work so I’ll look at them at lunch!

As for being more specific about location, I’m in London, England… And if you see a very tired looking man hunched over a laptop in the cafe in the basement of Waterstones Piccadily on Saturday, there’s a fair chance that’ll be me.

Or, towards the end of the day, I might be in the bar on the top floor. All in all, it’s a pretty good bookshop! :smiley:

Sadly not in NiaD. Just cheerleading.

But like homeport, I live in Eden as a fully paid-up member of the People’s Popular Front of Wessex.

So, r6d2, do we get to choose a place? Latitude 33º South: Atlantic Ocean, South Africa, Indian Ocean, Australia, Indian Ocean, Pacific Ocean, Chile, Argentina, Uruguay, Brazil, Atlantic Ocean. I guess we can rule out the Oceans unless your ancestry is piscine. Wouldn’t be bad if it were as then you could commute between the oceans only one wouldn’t be able to tag you for only one ocean of residence. A plus about being derived from piscine parentage is that it would be better than being descendant from murine ancestry like the common rat.

Home is in Cali. I’m displaced (translated misplaced) in Texas for the time being. How’s the weather in Xiamen?

Lands End, St Helena Island, South Carolina, USA.

Do you want the long/lat? That will change every couple of minutes and Piggy might not like me filling up his forum with my location posts… :stuck_out_tongue:

Melbourne, Australia.

There are a lot of coffee shops to check in Chiswick … bound to be at least one person using Scrivener. :smiley:

Very nice part of London. I’m originally from Hammersmith (to quote The Clash, I lived by the river), so I’ve spent many an hour trawling through Chiswick (and many an hour stuck in traffic on Chiswick High Road).

Barony of Gatley, in the Principality of Stockport, on the Cheshire plain.

Take care

Vic-K, Baron de Gatley.

It’s closer to Longitude 70º West.

I don’t really know too much about my early ancestry, since most evidence suggests that they are already dead. :wink:

Hey everyone… I’m looking forward to participating in my first NiaD this year! Thanks again for welcoming me into the group.

I will be writing my chapter as part of my Halloween costume (going to a party); so, I think it’ll make for a pretty unique experience.

Since it seems people are interested in where we hail from, I’m presently in Northfield, Minnesota–about 40 minutes south of Minneapolis. Though the weather here is still fairly autumnal, the fear of winter is beginning to set in.

Anyway, I really look forward to participating in this and hope that my contribution adds something interesting to the story.

Take care! Only 2 more days :smiley:

Has anyone actually gotten a promised message from Piggy? Or am I special and will receive all the messages Sunday?