Novel-in-a-Day 4.0: Live Free or NiaD

Okay. Trying to determine the best method to get that eye out and keep it out. Do I do grisly? Hmmmm. Let me think.

And so the yarn begins …

“'Twas a dark and stormy night … .”

I know I do purple prose.

TiaD?

Whoa… I think I just heard Piggy exploding from all the way over on this side of the planet.

I don’t think I could cope with writing about triads so soon after last year’s book on 1950s mafia.

To avoid any risk of over-described clothing after the complete lack of subtlety exhibited by you guys with the suit last year, I hear Piggy is setting this year’s novel in a nudist colony.

Matt

Nice suit” has a whole new meaning.

Hello there! Another newbie signing up, if it’s still open. Feel free to check out my blog or Wattpad for writing samples. :slight_smile:

I’m in. This sounds like my kind of crazy. 8)

This is a good warm up for the nano month in November, this is far more fun for anyone thinking of signing up, there is a real sense of achieving something as a group, all putting our individual style on a book, and if you look at the ones done already it seems to work really well, so join up lets get that trilogy going. :laughing:

Erm Piggy are you okay, did I hear a huge grunt :question:

Hugs your brilliant organising this :smiley:

Just discovered this on Facebook. It sounds brilliant. I’m game.

Lookin’ forward to Saturday. :smiley:

Looks like the game is already afoot.

I would like to participate! I hope I am not too late to sign up.

Nice boobs!

Some mistakes are cuter than others … depends on how you look at 'em. :confused:

I would like to sign up for the Novel in a Day event!
Thanks.

Can I participate? I’m new here but promise to deliver what’s required! I can send a piece of ‘Flash Fiction’ if that will help me gain a seat at the table?

Many thanks

Mike

Is it too late to sign up? This sounds like fun! :smiley:

Megan

I really want to sign up! I participated in NaNoWriMo last year and am signed up for this year but love writing challenges! I am up for the challenge, but I just recieved this information today and was wondering if it is too late to join this year?

Oh go on then, can I join in too please?

I have a blog, though have rather neglected it while I’ve been posting entries on Prosebox and EWSentinel following the demise of Open Diary.

My blog is here: 19516theelusivebaby.wordpress.com

If I’m accepted, could I please ask to not to be given any scenes of death and destruction to write? Thank you!

And I only have Word 2010 and not Scrivener, so hope that will be OK.

Don’t worry, those are already taken :laughing:

A great chance to download the trial! :wink:

Hey there all!
EmmaLindhagen, Library Lil, Apsley, thanks for you submissions! Welcome to NiaD!

The rest of you, check your forum messages for the next steps (including the best way to get me a sample of your fine work!). :slight_smile:

Library Lil - no death and destruction. Right. Noted.
Yes, submitting your chapter in RTF / DOC is fine. The only drawback for you will be that you won’t be able to look at the Scrivener project after the fact to see what everyone else’s brief was or how we put the book together. If your interested in that, as R6D2 suggests you can always avail yourself of the free trial after the event when you’ve got a file you can play with… or play around with last year’s project* before then if you can’t wait!

• last year’s project will be a simpler one than this year’s by virtue of the fact that we’re doing two version of the same story this year!

Oh gosh, would love to participate, am I too late to sign up? Been getting psyched for NaNo!