TShirts [SPLIT TOPIC]

Jaysen
Platform: Mac + Windows

Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:21 pm Post

Montree_Whiles wrote:There should, of course, be a Harley in the design somewhere. I wonder, is it possible to do Mr. Piggy on a Harley for a graphic?

That's a hog, not a pig. We need to keep Mr Piggy from getting overly confident. Maybe an old MG. Or a tricycle. A tricycle may be more his speed.
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 26 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

Montree_Whiles
Platform: Windows

Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:34 am Post

Jaysen wrote:That's a hog, not a pig. We need to keep Mr Piggy from getting overly confident. Maybe an old MG. Or a tricycle. A tricycle may be more his speed.

Okay, so going with my USA-side existence for the time being, I'm not certain which is appropriate since I don't know Mr. Piggy's age. But since he's from the UK I can see your point. If he were of a certain age, I could definitely push for the Harley. But, in deference to his UK-ness, I'll respectfully go with piglet and thus suggest a unicycle or a scooter. Now roller skates are another option. But, you really have to consider the Harley before you rule it out entirely. This image might help with that: http://reds-bazaar.myshopify.com/produc ... ie-jar-new

In the United States, the term "pig" refers to a younger domesticated swine weighing less than 120 pounds (50 kilograms), and the term "hog" refers to older swine weighing more than 120 lbs. In Great Britain all domesticated swine are referred to as pigs.
“Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwards.”
—Robert A. Heinlein

Jaysen

Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:52 am Post

Montree_Whiles wrote:n the United States, the term "pig" refers to a younger domesticated swine weighing less than 120 pounds (50 kilograms), and the term "hog" refers to older swine weighing more than 120 lbs. In Great Britain all domesticated swine are referred to as pigs.
Several valid points. But I wonder if we shouldn't consider the mental state over the physical? Considering the "light weight" and … possibly … juvenile adjectives that may or may not have been used in conjunction with "his fenderness" he may qualify as pig no matter the physical measures used.

Montree_Whiles wrote:This image might help with that: http://reds-bazaar.myshopify.com/produc ... ie-jar-new
Oh my. Oh. My. This. This is. Oh my.
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 26 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

Montree_Whiles

Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:29 am Post

Jaysen wrote:Several valid points. But I wonder if we shouldn't consider the mental state over the physical? Considering the "light weight" and … possibly … juvenile adjectives that may or may not have been used in conjunction with "his fenderness" he may qualify as pig no matter the physical measures used.

" ... state of mind ... ." Would that be before or after I brooch the possibility of our starting the show sooner. 17 DAYS ... 20 HOURS ... 31 MINUTES ... 59 SECONDS is a very very very long time to have to wait. I think I could make the argument for cruel and unusual punishment.

Jaysen wrote:
Montree_Whiles wrote:This image might help with that: http://reds-bazaar.myshopify.com/produc ... ie-jar-new
Oh my. Oh. My. This. This is. Oh my.

Hmmm, I think you take my meaning. ;D
“Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwards.”
—Robert A. Heinlein

nom
Platform: Mac + iOS

Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:40 am Post

Montree_Whiles wrote:There should, of course, be a Harley in the design somewhere. I wonder, is it possible to do Mr. Piggy on a Harley for a graphic?

Found this for you the other day, but couldn't post 'til now...
Pigfender Harley.gif
hogfender
Pigfender Harley.gif (10.68 KiB) Viewed 3067 times
Complete and utter NOMsense.

vic-k
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:41 am Post

Hows about Piggy, on one of these?:Image
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

Re
Reliquary

Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:56 am Post

Jaysen wrote:

That's a hog, not a pig. We need to keep Mr Piggy from getting overly confident. Maybe an old MG. Or a tricycle. A tricycle may be more his speed.

For some reason I see him in a Morgan Three Wheeler...

Jaysen

Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:41 pm Post

Just to drag us back to marginally "on topic" …

Nom may be onto something. Not "on" something (we don't want to know because then we are culpable), onto something. Piggy has always resorted to the red outline. Take nom's idea, the scriv logo halo'd by the over lords and I think we are very very close.
Jaysen

pigfender
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:44 pm Post

Jaysen wrote:Piggy has always resorted to the red outline.

S'called "branding", innit.
"Some dice only have sixes." nom, 19 Oct 2013
"Piggy, I'm beginning to wonder if you are the best person to take advice from." Jaysen, 26 Sept 2014

http://www.pigfender.com | http://www.novelinaday.com

Jaysen

Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:58 pm Post

pigfender wrote:

In many contexts.
Jaysen

Montree_Whiles

Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:41 pm Post

pigfender wrote:

This could work, but I'm rather partial to the cookie jar idea. After all, gotta keep up my strength once that day of all days arrives whereupon I'll be ... we'll be presented with the quest of the halo'd NIAD chalice ... or some such.

But, yes, I can see the red outline thing working. Branding, huh? Sounds commercial ... downright capitalist.
—Robert A. Heinlein

Jaysen

Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:11 am Post

Montree_Whiles wrote:But, yes, I can see the red outline thing working. Branding, huh? Sounds commercial ... downright capitalist.

Just like in Animal Farm?
Jaysen

pigfender

Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:32 am Post

I thought Animal Farm was about the futility of communism?

Also, t-shirts and logos are highly unlikely to feature:
- animals
- me
- LitNLat logos
"Piggy, I'm beginning to wonder if you are the best person to take advice from." Jaysen, 26 Sept 2014

Jaysen

Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:48 am Post

pigfender wrote:I thought Animal Farm was about the futility of communism?

Yes. BUt read the book again. In the end the Pigs become the overlords that are essentially circumventing communism and acting like "greedy capitalists". That was my point in my multipage report and I stick to it no matter what those teachers say!

pigfender wrote:Also, t-shirts and logos are highly unlikely to feature:
- animals
- me
- LitNLat logos

I have to object (unless the overlords have dictated otherwise).
Jaysen

pigfender

Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:58 am Post

Jaysen wrote:
pigfender wrote:I thought Animal Farm was about the futility of communism?

Yes. BUt read the book again. In the end the Pigs become the overlords that are essentially circumventing communism and acting like "greedy capitalists". That was my point in my multipage report and I stick to it no matter what those teachers say!

I read Animal Farm on Jun 8th, 2013. I gave it 3 stars, and the review:
"Does exactly what you expect it too."

It might be clever when your 11 and OMG how clever is metaphor, but as an adult... it's a pretty average book.

jaysen wrote:
pigfender wrote:Also, t-shirts and logos are highly unlikely to feature:
- animals
- me
- LitNLat logos

I have to object (unless the overlords have dictated otherwise).

Yes, I have so dictated. oink.