Novel-in-a-Day 4.0: Live Free or NiaD

Ah, back in the good old days when I was actually helpful on the forum. :smiley:

Don't forget: this year we are making multiple copies of the book (we already have more than the normal 25 participants), so by all means invite your writing pals to take part!

Hmmm… the FAQs post seems to have done the trick this year. Everyone knows exactly what they’re letting themselves in for and have no questions at all.

Cool.

I’m in, but it was a close thing. Until I untangled the time difference, it appeared to be a choice between NiaD and going to this: thebeggarscarnivale.com/

Unfortunately for the rest of the literary community, the timing worked out. :neutral_face:

21 DAYS
22 HOURS
1 MINUTE
10 SECONDS

TOO LONG!

Welcome back RDG! You’d have hated to have missed it!

I don’t know… it’s ticking down pretty quickly from my perspective! ;

I’ve been trying to help. Stop rejecting my “other-thread-suggestions” and I can guarantee one chapter turned in early!

This year I took two days of time off (back to back and cheek to cheek) so that I stand a chance of starting a few hours earlier than last year and thus will be able to complete within that many fewer hours of the deadline. So, I’m not saying I won’t be late, I’ll just be less late than previous years. 8)

Ha. I think I should have slept in a bit longer. I sweare the submit button has moved or my brain has flopped over. I’m having problems finding the save button now.

MR Piggy,

HOw do you plan to address the 0.67 book that will not be written should the participants list not continue to extend?

We’ll fill it.

Right - another name added to the list. That means we have 34 participants (or 1.42 books) so far with about 14 days and 15 hours to go!

14 more people to make two completely different books or, if we’re feeling ambitious, 38 more to have three! Go heckle your writing groups…! :smiley:

I’m sure you can persuade a few of us to do more than one chapter, one for each book. You could even make it so that with only a few mods to the chapter for the 1st book a second chapter can be done for book 2. Just a thought.

I’m going to restrict you all to one chapter each for your own protection. I want all your creative energies going into producing the one best chapter you can produce! Remember “quality and not quantity is our goal”.

Of course, that’s not to say that some of you might not find your chapter appearing in more than one version of the book. :wink:

And yet I’m still on the list…

You need to talk to nam. Something’s clearly not clicking twixt the ears.

Thousands of people(*) will be reading what you write. I’ve done this before, and I know the plot you’re all gonna be writing, so I’m comfortable. :wink:

Anyone going to be writing from London on the day, BTW? I’m thinking of camping out somewhere public for most of the day (ie a cafe or bookshop).

• if past years are anything to go by.

Set up a table in Trafalgar Square and then we can all watch you on webcam…

The BEST thing about NiaD is the 200 or so spam emails and comments for moderation I get a day.
No, wait. I don’t mean ‘best’, do I? :frowning:

Yay for having your email address on the internet!

I’d like to sign up for this! 8)

Hi there antonrasmussen! Check your forum messages! :smiley:

Hi, this is paperprosciutto!

I’ve also indicated my interest over at the Scribophile thread. I’m doing that again here :slight_smile:
Sign me up!

Welcome aboard, paperprosciutto!