Novel-in-a-Day 4.0: Live Free or NiaD

Yes please! I’ve sent you a forum message with details.

Please count me in. Hello to everyone :smiley:

~ Elle

Hey!

I’d love to be counted in for this year! Had a great time last year!

Thanks!

waldo

Roger, Elle, WELCOME!
FleetAdmiralO, WELCOME BACK! Not bad. 21 participants and we’ve only been live a couple of days.

For those keeping score, I now have the two paragraph version of the plot, and the POOEE questions!

OMG!, are we going to paraphrase one of the great Edgar Allan POE’s works this year? :mrgreen:

Sign me up!

–Simon

No worries! Given this year’s format, pigfender ( :smiling_imp: ) can give you the very same chapter as Bywater.

Question: Given the new “multiple versions of a segment possible” procedure – which sounds excellent to me – I wonder if perhaps you could add one more option for the volunteers? Besides being able to opt into/out of gore, could we ask to be assigned to a segment with multiple writers?

The reason I ask is that at present my schedule for that time period is kind of iffy. Under the old rules I simply wouldn’t sign up this go round because of the real possibility of not being able to write that day.

But if I could know that either way there wouldn’t be a hole because someone else would also be writing that segment…?

I think I’m going to deny that one. If the project doesn’t have that horrid gut churning fear of letting everyone down… well then it doesn’t have the same drive to complete, the same pressure to inspire creativity, or the joy of submission.

In other words, if you drop out, you’ll still leave a hole.

I’d also reiterate that early sign-up makes my life much easier!

One thing I WOULD consider, is if a participant was inviting a bunch of people from their writing group along, then I’d be happy to arrange it so that they were all different chapters and in the same version of the book.

So yes… this year you can encourage your writing pals to join instead of keeping it a secret from them in the fear that they’d steal your place.

I’m in. Where do I sign? … She reaches for the quill, dips it in the blood of the morning’s sacrifice and writes … “I Montrée Whiles … yada, yada, yada.”

Works out well my upcoming request for time off coincides with this auspicious day. It’s not unequal in importance to Unification Day (aka: Brown-Coat Day). I’ve set every device in my apartment to sound the claxon on this day of all days … .

See you all there!

I wish I could join in with this, but I can’t.

Good luck to everyone.

… the quill drips the deep red ooze which stains it’s tip. I, Montrée Whiles…

Dadnabit! I’m in. NIAD 2014… bring it on!

I’m in, if you can tolerate a bit of Southern American English.

When the ink gets to flowing, I can tolerate anything, Asbestos_Dust. I don’t think a little Southern style English will be a problem.

Please would love to take part

Welcome back homeport, glad you’re back this year.

Then consider yourself in for a test. There are a few of us that torture english like we were born to be medieval dungeon masters…

Thank you Montree_Whiles panicked there when I thought I might have missed it, been in this from the start its such fun. :smiley:

Hi. I would love to get involved - This sound like a total hoot!

As requested, and seeing that I’m a newbie-numpty, I have posted a sample over to to you to see if you reckon i can mix it with real writers.

Cheers
Al

Me!! Pick me!!
Imma noob so you can check out my writing on my website if you’d like! I have some published works and some excerpts. Mostly erotica but I’ve written thrillers, fantasy, horror and plenty of others :slight_smile:

Www.chanelblake.com