UK formatting for >100 chapters

As an Australian, I’m enjoying this. Keep going…

Any other Aussies, New Zealanders, Canadians or South Africans want to pull up a bench and watch the fun? Bring popcorn!

In Stockportesian, we just say, “aproximately more-or-less give or take.”

Use numbers. Please. Everybody on this planet will understand “101”. :open_mouth:

What about five?

Now i’m confused…

Damn, beat me to it. Or maybe it’s ten in base 3? or thirty-seven in base 6? I’m confused too…

I was going to go hex and oct but I figured a but to esoteric. The fact you went to even less common bases makes me feel that I’ve lost some nerd cred…

OK, I correct myself: Everybody on this planet except computer freaks will understand “101”.

Oh, ok. So we are talking about Mendelevium?

Seriously though, the “and” deal really is beating into folks who are in the sciences over here.

Duh. It means basic introductory course.

Hi Ed,

Just curious, how many words does you novel have?

These ‘and’-freakers are messing you up. In everyday American parlance, ‘and’ only gets in for the decimal point if you are declaring a unit. Otherwise, ‘point’ is the usual.

For 1,037.2, one says “one thousand thirty seven point two,” but one could say “one thousand thirty seven and two tenths.” And on the same its-and-with-a-unit principle, for $1,037.20, one says "one thousand thirty-seven dollars and twenty cents.

I thought it was dalmatians.

Just over 105,000.

Sorry one hundred five thousand… :wink:

Cheers - looks like it’s Apple messing with my juju. In future, I’ll use decimals, of course.

One of the biggest bugs is when I hear American news stations say “two-thousand five”, something spreading to the UK… Two thousand AND five, please…

– Ed

q.e.d.

:laughing: [size=50]SCNR[/size]

Actually it refers to the correction cell full of your worst nightmares!

:smiley:

How did you get access to my spreadsheet? :open_mouth:

Just curious again :smiley:

That’s an average of 750 words per chapter. Are your chapters comprised of single scenes? Or several scenes?

Interesting! Born and raised (or “and bred”, if your prefer) in the U. S. of A (Charlottesville and Alexandria, Virginia, if that localization helps), and learned “One thousand five hundred and ten dot 35” was how to dictate the number 1510.35

Arthur

I most likely learned my deviant ways in Virginia as well, hmm.