Novel-in-a-Day 3: With a Vengeance

Victoria takes a bow.

Thanks. :slight_smile:

A laptop? Seriously? How the hell did I miss that?

Oh well. I’ve updated the files (the links are the same). And as much as I’m amused by the idea of tea cosy thieves terrorising Las Vegas, I went with “radio” in the end. :smiley:

At the risk of annoying further, and with due apologies, those who have been irritated by the traffic on this thread …

1. Can someone please advise me how to upload NiaD3 onto a Kobo (presumably .epub) and a Kindle Paperwhite (.mobi?). The latter will have to be through my wife’s computer as the Kindle is hers; the former is mine, but on the Kobo desktop I can’t find any way to access the file system on my MBA, only the Kobo store.

2. As a suggestion to the powers that be, would not the appropriate place to move the NaiD stuff to be the Scrivenings forum?**

Thanks

Mr X

** No doubt Vic-K will now come in with a counter suggestion of ANFTL, a.k.a “the bilge”!

I’m going to keep my version with “laptop” and the extra two words at the end of Chapter 23. Someday it will be very valuable, like a postage stamp with a misprint.

But seriously: I laughed out loud at “laptop”. If I’d been in charge I’d have left it in, just like all the other (more subtle) artifacts of the short time. I’m not criticizing removing it; there are different views of what constitutes literature.

Does this help with the KP?

dummies.com/how-to/content/h … our-k.html

And the Kobo?

arecafe.com/digimonkey-ebook … o-ereader/

Hi, pigfender, [size=85] [or should I say PigMender? :-)][/size]

Not that what I’m going to ask is really needed, but somehow the blank lines that Compile generated between my chapter’s “scenes” in Scrivener got printed and included in the final version as well. I was expecting that any blank lines not including the ### tag were going to be removed by you (my bad, sorry about that).

So if you do another edit someday and find it relevant, please remove those blank lines since they might appear as if they are actually on purpose and they are not, and being purist they sort of distort the pace. There’s also a typo that I did not notice since it reads how thing really work and it should say how things really work. Thanks!

But, most importantly, how did you like the final whole result? Did you have a chance to read it in full relaxed mood yet?

At the risk of turning it into a Novel-in-a-Week… I’ve bartered household chores for some laptop time and updated the files again.

I’m not going to get chance to read it for a few days, but I’m looking forward to it!

[size=150]Already there, me old cock sparra… all ready there [/size][size=150];-))[/size]

[i]

[/i]

[i]

[/i]

[i]

[/i]

[i]

[/i]

Vic

“Is it customary,” Carla wondered, “that some sort of user_name/credited_name mapping be provided at least on this thread? I’d really like to know who’s who, beyond the obvious associations…”

“Er… Nope,” Bobby replied. “It’s on a need to know basis. And you already know too much.”

“OK, wise-guy, I bet you won’t get a new suit from me for your upcoming birthday after all.”

“And speaking of which… What happened to FBI Agent Gallagher?”

“Oh, Bobby. I could tell’ya, but I’d have to kill’ya.”

He met with the untimely death that suited him, no doubt.

-gr

He’s been seen lurking on the lower deck [size=85]ANFTL[/size]

“I’m getting the weird idea,” Sal said, “that it’s getting too quiet in here. Did anybody else read the novel end to end? Or many others did and just don’t think there’s anything to say about it? I was murdered, god dammit! And nobody gives a s**t?”

[size=85]Is it that you people have real lives to worry about? (since I’m located closer to the planet core than the average life form, I’m feeling so lonely now… :-)[/size]

I read it. It’s the best of the three.

If anyone needs a higher resolution version of the cover image for any reason you can download one from here, BTW.

Great!

Sorry, it’s a secret. We have to have some mystery in life, even if it’s artificially constructed.

Yes, we did.

You are experiencing post-NiaD withdrawl symptoms. The best cure I am aware of is the conveniently scheduled NaNoWriMo. It’s almost as if it was planned that way.

That’s just masterly.

I got quite attached to him too :slight_smile:

I’m slow to add things to my reading pile, though I did get started. Keith’s chapter is so far the most memorable for me. I like the noir elements, and how dumb he made Bobby. :slight_smile:

In awe of what Pigfender et al achieved in a day (though a lot more than a day’s worth of work goes into the novel). Out of curiosity, how many downloads have the NIAD books achieved? Hope the numbers are high—a just return for all that work.

Congratulations to, and admiration for, everyone involved.

Well, now hat you removed matt’s laptop from the NiaD you can keep it for yourself and thus won’t need begging to Mrs pigfender for laptop time ever again :wink:

What can I say… Bazinga! :slight_smile:

I’d love to join this year’s NaNoWriMo, really. But the rules state that you cannot start with a base project you’ve been working on, you must start from scratch. My current WIP is already about 40% written (First Draft), and I have to deliver it by mid December, so starting a new project during November would definitely jeopardize my chances to complete both, I think.