Novel-in-a-Day 3: With a Vengeance

You do realise that he has left open the possibility that you will write the same chapter. :slight_smile:

For that matter, it is not ruled out that they should get different chapter assignments which somehow both turn out to be chapter one. Pigfender could be going all if-on-a-winter’s-night-a-traveller on us.

Or if-on-a-(grisly)-winter’s-night-a-(grizzly)-traveller, as the case may be.

I’m all about the grisly.

Or the grizzly, if need be.

Loved loved loved it last time. I’m totally down for this year again if you’ll have me :slight_smile:

Happy with grisly, or anything you want to give me to write. :slight_smile:

FleetAdmiralO, welcome back! You are the 24th participant!

Well, that was 9 days ago. I’ve now turned the ‘rough idea’ into a story, broken into it’s constituent elements (aka ‘chapters’).

The final number of chapters is indeed 25. As such we only have ONE more place to fill. After that, I’ll be happy to keep a list of interested people who can come in if we have any drop-outs (and there are usually 1 or 2 people who are obliged by circumstance and life to drop out), but I won’t be expanding the plot to accommodate extra numbers. This is to give me enough time to pull together all the briefing packs, character sheets, location details etc at a sensible pace rather than in the 24 hours before the day (thus avoiding the 4 hours sleep in 50 hours of previous years).

You really are setting very, very high expectations for yourself here :wink:

And I’m not sure we approve. Sleep deprivation may be a key to successfully being … you.

Now now Jaysen, I don’t see your name on the list…

…yet.

Sadly, I believe that the winged denizens of Upstate NY require Jaysen’s Saturdays at this time of the year. And in any case, I’m certain that a good bout of sleep deprivation has been responsible for some of my finest work. Of course, I was probably sleep deprived when I re-read it too.

Good turn out of LitNLat staffers this year. Wonder if any of the others are tempted to fill the final slot…?

I’d been thinking of it off and on until NIAD3 became reality, but I’m gone at a convention that weekend. So I’m just looking forward to reading the resulting masterpiece of everyone else’s hard work. :slight_smile:

So was I. In fact, I’d been leaning towards not doing it anymore. This year’s event is taking place as a direct result of Mrs Pigfender’s urging. She really liked the premise for this year’s story! :slight_smile:

Sorry about the schedule clash. Hopefully you’ll find time to pop by on the day and heckle!

Aye! Wock’s brethren are fairly consuming during the season of competitive flying.

But that aside, should I choose to annihilate my ego, it would be less painful to ask the daughter “what is wrong with me and to I look good” than too submit a lengthy segment of prose to the all to keen eyes of … well … living humans. Vic-k? sure (brain dead? :slight_smile: but the rest of you? Hell no!

You know Vic emails those round to us all, right?

wossat about then?! [size=150]:[/size][size=150]-(([/size]

Would it be possible for me to volunteer? This sounds like a lot of fun!

What’s wrong with a bit of pain anyway? In the immortal lines of the Dread Pirate Roberts (nee Westley), “Life is pain Princess! Whoever says otherwise is selling something.”

I’m reasonably sure vic-k is living and with measurable neurocognitive activity. I’m also reasonably sure he is not a figment of my imagination (less sure I am not a figment of his). Admittedly, not a 100% certain of any of the above.

I think you are eminently capable of making a useful contribution but, sadly, it seems you missed out on the last spot this year. On the plus side, I hope your wockettes fly well (I’d use proper racing vernacular but I don’t know any).

We are all ramblings of Mr K’s mind.

Consider how that unifies all things and it will scare the stuffing out of you. Seriously. Think about it. All the “contradictions” make sense as do the random variations of life. See? Scary.

I have contributed to the horror section of the story.

One might say it this way: If your damn birds beat damn birds I’ll invite you over for target practice and a feast of fowl.

Or even: GET YOUR %#%ING BIRDS OFF MY ROOF BEFORE I SHOOT THEM!!

My personal favorite: My cat had these feathers in his mouth. Do they look familiar

Everyone always blames Fluff, when we all know who the real culprit is.

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a man in possession of at least half a brain, couldn’t fail to be aware that I, Fluff, am a Fishy in the Dishy Gal. Avian flesh, and/or feathers, are for those with jaundiced and jaded palates.

Fluff