Novel-in-a-Day 3: With a Vengeance

Hi Rog

Please can I join in. I promise not to drop out before the event like last year.

Barry

Of course!
That’s 23!

Just letting you know that I’m fine with grisly. :slight_smile:

I just looked up “grisly approach
Google: 'Did you mean “Grizzly approach?” ’
Me: "Erm, probably not, although… "

That will be fun! :slight_smile:

I’ve just been joking around, I really don’t mind.

Just make it random… I would be amused more than anything else if it happened again.

You do realise that he has left open the possibility that you will write the same chapter. :slight_smile:

For that matter, it is not ruled out that they should get different chapter assignments which somehow both turn out to be chapter one. Pigfender could be going all if-on-a-winter’s-night-a-traveller on us.

Or if-on-a-(grisly)-winter’s-night-a-(grizzly)-traveller, as the case may be.

I’m all about the grisly.

Or the grizzly, if need be.

Loved loved loved it last time. I’m totally down for this year again if you’ll have me :slight_smile:

Happy with grisly, or anything you want to give me to write. :slight_smile:

FleetAdmiralO, welcome back! You are the 24th participant!

Well, that was 9 days ago. I’ve now turned the ‘rough idea’ into a story, broken into it’s constituent elements (aka ‘chapters’).

The final number of chapters is indeed 25. As such we only have ONE more place to fill. After that, I’ll be happy to keep a list of interested people who can come in if we have any drop-outs (and there are usually 1 or 2 people who are obliged by circumstance and life to drop out), but I won’t be expanding the plot to accommodate extra numbers. This is to give me enough time to pull together all the briefing packs, character sheets, location details etc at a sensible pace rather than in the 24 hours before the day (thus avoiding the 4 hours sleep in 50 hours of previous years).

You really are setting very, very high expectations for yourself here :wink:

And I’m not sure we approve. Sleep deprivation may be a key to successfully being … you.

Now now Jaysen, I don’t see your name on the list…

…yet.

Sadly, I believe that the winged denizens of Upstate NY require Jaysen’s Saturdays at this time of the year. And in any case, I’m certain that a good bout of sleep deprivation has been responsible for some of my finest work. Of course, I was probably sleep deprived when I re-read it too.

Good turn out of LitNLat staffers this year. Wonder if any of the others are tempted to fill the final slot…?

I’d been thinking of it off and on until NIAD3 became reality, but I’m gone at a convention that weekend. So I’m just looking forward to reading the resulting masterpiece of everyone else’s hard work. :slight_smile:

So was I. In fact, I’d been leaning towards not doing it anymore. This year’s event is taking place as a direct result of Mrs Pigfender’s urging. She really liked the premise for this year’s story! :slight_smile:

Sorry about the schedule clash. Hopefully you’ll find time to pop by on the day and heckle!

Aye! Wock’s brethren are fairly consuming during the season of competitive flying.

But that aside, should I choose to annihilate my ego, it would be less painful to ask the daughter “what is wrong with me and to I look good” than too submit a lengthy segment of prose to the all to keen eyes of … well … living humans. Vic-k? sure (brain dead? :slight_smile: but the rest of you? Hell no!

You know Vic emails those round to us all, right?

wossat about then?! [size=150]:[/size][size=150]-(([/size]