Margins allow text one letter wide

What did I do? And – what can I undo? Suddenly a chapter turned into a “list” of single letters down the left side. My chapter, if one wanted to read “down” and not across. I couldn’t “undo” – so would like to fix and then to avoid. (I couldn’t figure out search terms that described this problem.)
Thanks!
Carolyn

It sounds as though you have adjusted the right indent somehow. Show the ruler in your editor (Cmd-R or Format > Show Ruler) and find the right indent downwards-pointing arrow:

In your editor, it will most likely be somewhere over on the left. Drag it all the way to the right.

Hope that helps.

All the best,
Keith

Keith,

Thanks for the suggestion. The ruler marks are where they need to be, so I must have clicked on something else.

It happened when I was selecting a new font and size (to use for a heading). I had done this on five previous sections, and, in those instances, it happened as one would expect.

Any other thoughts? If not, I believe there’s a way to go to a previous version that would have been automatically saved. Yes? I’d rather do that than retype the whole file. Mostly – I’d rather not accidentally do it again. :confused:

Carolyn

Could you please post a screenshot (with the ruler visible)?

Thanks!
Keith