Need title page infront of content page in mobi

I’m compiling an anthology of short stories and I’m trying to set it up with the cover, then the title page then the generated HTML table of contents, then the stories. But no matter what I do, the TOC comes after the cover and before the title page. What am I doing wrong?
Deb

You’re doing nothing wrong - that’s just where Scrivener places the automatically-generated contents page, since that is standard. If you want the contents placed somewhere else, you should create it manually (using Scrivener links) rather than relying on the automatically-generated one. (Be sure to enter the title of the document you use for the contents page in the “Layout” pane of Compile to ensure that Scrivener knows that is the contents page.)

All the best,
Keith

Thanks Keith.
Deb

Also, just to let you know, that I have just added a feature to the next update that will give you more control over this. In the next update, once you’ve created your ToC document, instead of filling it in with Scrivener links yourself, you can just type “<$toc>” into it and nothing else, and that will tell Scrivener to replace it with its own, automatically-generated, table of contents.

All the best,
Keith

Were these instructions for the Mac version.
I have the Windows version and don’t see a “Layout” pane in compile

How do I turn off the automatically generated “contents” and create a TOC to put where I want in the Windows version?

Hi Norm,

This is the Mac forum, so yes, this all pertains to the Mac version. I don’t believe the Windows version has a facility for custom ToCs yet, although that is something that will be coming in the future. It would be best to post on the Windows forum about that, though.

All the best,
Keith

Thanks Keith. My apologies.
I found the thread through a search and didn’t notice it was the Mac forum.

Have yourself a great day.